looking for a way to delete unseen polygons is this possible?? i have a supersuit, need to remove Ge

Hello is there any way to hide the unseen meshes at all?? i have a supersuit and my genesis mesh thats under it is taking up my compters resourses and i cant even see it lol ,.. iv used decimator and it works fine but still my character has a host of polygons that will never be seen, and that wil take up alot of resources.

i looked around online to see if i could find a solution and found that there was a "delete hidden facets/verticies/ action" in the polygon group editor. iv never heard of it and was eager to see what it did.. but when i went to the polygon group editor .. i saw no option to do no such thing.

could you please explain this "delete hidden facets?verticies action" for me please.. and more importantly is there a sulotuion to my issue? is there any way to hide the unseen polygons that do nothing but suck the resources out o fmy computer?? thanks!

pardon my brevity. its late and i have been working tirelessly

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have edited the thread title, as it was too long and breaking the forum formatting.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I had a look at the Group Polygon Editor Tool and I couldn't find any reference to Removing geometry at all sorry.

What I used to do, for which you can still do up to a point, is once the figure is posed and you are ready to do a final render is to hide the figure in the Scene Pane and select the clothing, hide everything else too and File > Export > and export as a Wavefront OBJ. This will export the clothing mesh without the figure inside BUT it may not work with the Supersuit. I tried a while back and because the Supersuit use the Collision mode this will not translate through to the OBJ mesh.

I think the only option at this stage is just to hide the figures or parts of.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Once you have hidden the polygons (right-click menu) you need the Tool Settings pane option menu to delete them - either click the menu button in the pane's top corner, or right-click on the pane's tab.

edited December 1969

Oh they hid that well Richard cheers

edited December 1969

Just in case you don't know where is what or this may help others.

If you don't have an Icon like me then you can acess the Group Polygon Editor (GPE) via the Tools menu.

GPE_copy2.jpg
    1074 x 926 - 251K
    GPE_copy.jpg
    1074 x 926 - 320K
  • edited December 1969

wow, cool,.. thanks you guys.. much appreciated =)

• edited December 1969

wow, cool,.. thanks you guys.. much appreciated =) after i delete the polys, can i still decimate and combine polygon groups without any issues??

edited December 1969

That I don't know and I can't check at the moment sorry.

• edited December 1969

is there a marqee selection tool of some sort i can use to speed up the process when selecting the polygons? or some type of group selection tool?

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

is there a marqee selection tool of some sort i can use to speed up the process when selecting the polygons? or some type of group selection tool?

If you right-click when using the polygon selection tool, the first option is "Polygon Selection". Under that submenu you will see Mode and under that Lasso, Marquee and Drag Selection. Note that Lasso and Marquee will "cut through" the figure and also select hidden faces on the other side of the mesh (which Drag doesn't). With all tools, holding down Alt will deselect and Ctrl will add to the selection.
  • edited December 1969

ok cool thanks. when i delete faces does that have any effect on the morphing, or te key frames i had set before hand?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Morphs work, though if you add new morphs to the base figure after deleting I don't think those will be adapted to the modified version.

• edited December 1969

ok cool thanks for the help.