How Do I Manually Install?

NathanomirNathanomir Posts: 125
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I'm sure you're tired of seeing this question even more than you're probably tired of answering it. I searched around the forums and couldn't find a succinct answer, so I thought I'd go ahead and ask.

How do I manually install DAZ products to my main DS runtime?

I have to use manual install. For some reason, whenever I use DIM, it causes DS to crash. I can't open it and have to uninstall DIM and DS and reinstall DS.

In the past, I've installed the zip files in my Third Party product folder. No big deal. But I am experimenting with Genesis now, and want those in my main DS runtime.

So, I have the Genesis starter zips for DS 4.6. Where do I go from here?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I think all of the ZIP files contain a folder called 'Content'.

You need to empty that folder into your My Library folder, so that they merge with the folders already there. If you are on a Mac, you may have to get further advice on how to merge folders.

To recap, open the Content folder, copy all of the folders inside there to your main DAZ Studio library, usually My Library by default, and allow them to merge. The same applies to Poser content, as there is already a Runtime folder inside the My Library folder, so that should merge as well.

• NathanomirNathanomir Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

That was too easy!

Thank you for your help!