Gn2F fingers bend back with V4 poses...any script to counteract this problem?

alkenalken Posts: 253
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

When I apply a V4 pose to Gn2F the fingers bend back and become crooked. Has anyone created a script to fix this problem? Thanks

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I haven't seen one.

You could always Select both hands in the Scene pane, go to the Options Box at the top corner of the Scene Pane and choose to Expand > Expand from Selection then go to the Parameters Pane Option box and Zero > Zero Selected Item(s) (Pose) That will return them to the default ready for you to pose

or just go in and move each finger..it doesn't take long to do in the grand scheme of things.

• alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited July 2013

Thanks but I was looking for something that would keep the pose but fix the over-bending problem. I did some (simple) brainstorming and figured out how to create my own script that zeroes the fingertips only. The fingers don't look perfect, but it's a heck of an improvement.

Post edited by alken on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

It's caused by the difference in the default hand pose between the models. G1 fingers are curved down, and G2 fingers are straight out. To adjust G1 poses applied to G2, I set G2's Left Hand Straighten and Right Hand Straighten morphs to -.75, or a setting to your liking.

You can save a pose preset with this adjustment.

• alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited December 1969

Thanks Lindsey, I will try that.