Posing V5 figure after placing in scene

leo04leo04 Posts: 325
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I want to place my figure in my scene then pose her.
Every time I place my figure in the scene where I want her then load the pose she moves back to the default position in the space.

First, can I place my character in my scene and lock it in place?

How do I do that?

Once I have done that will it be possible to pose my character without it moving back to the default position in the workspace?

I am also having reset problems with my V5 model, the arms don't reset or set when I apply a preset pose.

Thanks.

Daz 3D 4.6 (64bit)
Victoria 5

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

leo said:
    First, can I place my character in my scene and lock it in place?

I am also having reset problems with my V5 model, the arms don't reset or set when I apply a preset pose.

Hmm... which poses are you using? This used to be a problem years ago with some old poses that weren't set up right — the pose included zeroed x- y- and z-translate values for the root body part, which snapped your figure back to its original position. It shouldn't happen with modern pose files.

The quick solution is to first apply the pose, then move the figure to where you want. Another option is to position the figure, then lock the position manually, which is a bit fiddly:
    * With the figure selected, look at the Parameters tab and open the General>Transforms>Translation section, you'll see the x yand z parameters and their values.
    * One at a time, click on the little open padlock icon on the x y and z dials, it'll change to a closed padlock.
    * Apply the pose. Hopefully, your figure won't go walkies this time.
    * Don't forget you locked the figure, you won't be able to move it again until you unlock those parameter dials.

As for the arms problem, did you use any of the Pose Control dials before trying to reset the pose? These dial settings are added to any preset poses you apply, you need to zero them first.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hold down the CTRL key when you Apply the POSE, a pop up will open. Un-check Translate X,Y,Z and your done.

1.png
    332 x 448 - 22K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

As an alternative, load the charater i the scene then create a Null and parent Genesis to the null. Place the null in the scene where you want your character to go and then apply the pose to Genesis. Because Genesis is parented to the null, its XYZ translation is 0,0,0 regardless of where the null is placed.

• leo04leo04 Posts: 325
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone I appreciate the help and it all worked like you described.