RELEASED!! CC Shave This - Body Hair for Genesis 8 Male(s) [Commercial]

ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,151
edited June 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Released today!!

https://www.daz3d.com/cc-shave-this--body-hair-for-genesis-8-males

Body hair for males! Torso, arm, armpit, legs (including butt), knuckles, back, and 2 sets for the unmentionables. Colors all coordinate with CC Beard Boss and CC Hole Hair. With morphs in each area to adjust the look of the hair (these will only affect visible hair). 

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300

I have to say you showed great dedication research all those chest hair shapes and if you ever need any assistance I am sure some of us would volunteer to spend hours stairing at men's chests, in the name of research, of course.

Went straight inot my cart and I'll check out when I get home from work in about an hour. :-)

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,151
    3Ddreamer said:

I have to say you showed great dedication research all those chest hair shapes and if you ever need any assistance I am sure some of us would volunteer to spend hours stairing at men's chests, in the name of research, of course.

Yeah, the shaping research was *tough*, let me tell you XD

• This looks really good! I will pick this up soon.

Wonder what happens if you D-force the hair....

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,605

I picked this up today. Thanks for making male content.

This looks really good! I will pick this up soon.

Wonder what happens if you D-force the hair....

I am not sure, but if you find some good settings for it, I'd love to know :

I picked this up today. Thanks for making male content.

Of course! I hope you enjoy it :D 

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,041

Do you also plan a female version? Would be  native G3 support possible?

edited June 2018
    gerster said:

Plan is such a strong word :D I don't want to say yes (yes wink ), but it's definitely something I'm looking at.

As for G3, that's not something I'm planning, but Sickleyield has clones to put Genesis 8 stuff on Genesis 3, (SY Genesis 8 Clones for Genesis 3).

Post edited by ChangelingChick on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,872
    edited June 2018

@ChangelingChick, how exactly is the "Toggle Resolution (High to base)" supposed to work? When I select one of the hair pieces and double click on that preset, I get "An error occurred while reading this file, check log file for details." Unfortunately, the log file only says,

2018-06-01 01:04:53.129 Loading script: G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Anatomy/CC Shave This for Genesis 8 Male/CC Shave This - !Toggle Resolution (Base to High).dse

2018-06-01 01:04:53.129 Failed to load script: G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Anatomy/CC Shave This for Genesis 8 Male/CC Shave This - !Toggle Resolution (Base to High).dse

I also tried selecting the character himself instead of the hairpiece, but all that happened then was there was an additional message about "loading subpectoral taper.png" after the script loaded and before it failed.

What exactly is supposed to happen with that script?

Post edited by vwrangler on
    vwrangler said:

@ChangelingChick, how exactly is the "Toggle Resolution (High to base)" supposed to work? When I select one of the hair pieces and double click on that preset, I get "An error occurred while reading this file, check log file for details." Unfortunately, the log file only says,

2018-06-01 01:04:53.129 Loading script: G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Anatomy/CC Shave This for Genesis 8 Male/CC Shave This - !Toggle Resolution (Base to High).dse

2018-06-01 01:04:53.129 Failed to load script: G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Anatomy/CC Shave This for Genesis 8 Male/CC Shave This - !Toggle Resolution (Base to High).dse

I also tried selecting the character himself instead of the hairpiece, but all that happened then was there was an additional message about "loading subpectoral taper.png" after the script loaded and before it failed.

What exactly is supposed to happen with that script?

It just toggles the resolution of the figure you have selected (Base to High to enable subD or High to Base). Did you install with Connect maybe? I know that can cause issues with scripts sometimes, but that one isn't calling any other files. Do you have the most recent version of DS installed? Are other scripts working? The copy I have on my machine now is the same one in the DIM installer, and I can't duplicate the error.

Installed with DIM, most recent production version of Studio, no problem with other scripts in other products.

As far as I can tell, the script isn't doing anything. Torso and armpit load at high resolution; leg, arm, back, twig and trail, berries, and knuckles load at base resolution. The toggle doesn't have any effect on any of them.

The only thing I can think of is the file got corrupted in the download. None of my testers are having this issue, and I can't replicate it. I don't know why it would have failed to load the script unless there's a module not on your computer.

I may try reinstalling, but now that I know what it's supposed to do, I'm not terribly worried about it. Thanks for the explanation!

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,999

Just wanted to mention I installed with DIM, moved the files to my own structure, and the script has worked for me on the items I've tested so far.

Also, I love this! The armpit hair in particular, I have a set for a previous generation, but when I have tried to transfer it over, it goes all weird once you lift the arm up. Which, really, is the main point of worrying about the armpit hair in the first place laugh .

Great product!

Well, I got the product and tested it with the Clone. It works very well with the G3M and G3F. The only issue I recognized is that the nipple hole position on G3F and G8F has an offset. Don't ask why, but it would be very cool if you could provide an adjustment morph wink

Hopefully we see in the future an improved version of https://www.daz3d.com/peach-fuzz-facial-vellus-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s from you

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

It look amazing CC!! Not sure I can pick up right now (need to check the bank first lol) but will pick it up as soon as possible (it's already in the cart :) )

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,724
    gerster said:

At first glance I was like WT..... at the mention of a female version, then I realized that other countries and cultures view hair on a female differently, LOL.

Being in the U.S. I would never have use for thick hair, armpit or leg hair for females, but would buy a version if it had very fine light body hair options for face, stomach, arms, etc. I posted an image at DA recently that could have used a fine light body hair addition.

Anyhoo, brilliant product! between this and the beard addon, but males are happy, thanks!

edited June 2018
    gerster said:

At first glance I was like WT..... at the mention of a female version, then I realized that other countries and cultures view hair on a female differently, LOL.

Hehe, for the seperate female version I was thinking more about fuzz :)
    But however, for some „special“ projects I would be interested to use the male version on a female body. That why I asked for a nipple correction adjustment morph.

I prefer hairless (or fuzzy) women. But I don‘t do renders only for my own preferences ;)

Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955

I'm having a problem with the Beard Boss turning the skin green under the beard area. The Generation 8 Daz Original base characters have pretty high translucency by default. I have to turn translucency on the character's skin way down to get rid of the green skin. Will the new body hair have the same problem with character translucency?

Owen 8 skin G8M shape Beard Boss greenish.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    barbult said:

I'm having a problem with the Beard Boss turning the skin green under the beard area. The Generation 8 Daz Original base characters have pretty high translucency by default. I have to turn translucency on the character's skin way down to get rid of the green skin. Will the new body hair have the same problem with character translucency?

If you do fix it I'd like an either / or fix because that looks like a pretty realistic tan line too.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,966

Yeah, that’s pretty much what most men’s facial skin looks like under beards.

I’m impressed at how realistic that looks !

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955
    Oso3D said:

Really!?! I'm a woman and my husband is clean shaven. Maybe I never looked that close at a real beard.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,966

It varies a bit, but look up images; medium tone skins can get very dark around jawline even when clean shaven.

barbult said:
    Oso3D said:

Really!?! I'm a woman and my husband is clean shaven. Maybe I never looked that close at a real beard.

No idea if you have body hair at all, but it's certainly that way on my legs XD

• missuskissesmissuskisses Posts: 918

Just got this today; can't wait to use it!! Thanks for all the fibermesh hair products, ChangelingChick!

Just got this today; can't wait to use it!! Thanks for all the fibermesh hair products, ChangelingChick!

Can't wait to see what you do with it :D I have fun making these, so there's more to come I think :D

Probably my question went down in all the other posts, but I wanted to ask again if could add to your product some nipple adjustment morphs?

• Thank you so much for this! I got it the day it came out, because, yeah, all these clean as a baby guys disturb me,lol. Takes me some time to get through the suff I have, and I just tried this, and it's incredible! Again, thank you, I've really wanted something like this, and all the different options, perfect!

gerster said:

Probably my question went down in all the other posts, but I wanted to ask again if could add to your product some nipple adjustment morphs?

To add it to the product would be quite involved, because of the modifier morphs. This would probably be much easier to do with deformers in DS than to add morphs for (especially since I'm not sure what kind of adjustments you mean). 

Thank you so much for this! I got it the day it came out, because, yeah, all these clean as a baby guys disturb me,lol. Takes me some time to get through the suff I have, and I just tried this, and it's incredible! Again, thank you, I've really wanted something like this, and all the different options, perfect!

I'm so glad it's useful for you! I love seeing what folks do with stuff :D

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,999
    edited June 2018

Ok, took me a little bit to get a render that I liked (and could be posted in the forums), but just wanted to say again how much I love this!

(Click for larger version)

Hoping this is enough of success to potentially see more in the future (even if it isn't until Gen 9+ wink ), one thing that I would definitely not mind seeing in the future is options for move coverage on the belly. But love this as is, definitely not a critique, just an idea for more.

Joshua_v01_20180605.png
    1800 x 2400 - 7M
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
  • Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 561

Whilst this looks like a promising product, one thing that is throwing me off is the separation between the thigh hair and shin hair - the knees are bald!

Is a knee preset included?

Sorry to be picky but it just looks a bit odd given that hair should cover the whole leg.