Bulgy Legs and Big Feet

Boingo the ClownBoingo the Clown Posts: 97
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I was looking to make some sprites for a game project I am working on. The character I am making is a large muscular fellow, so I applied the Freak morph to Genesis, followed by the bodybuilder morph to make him even more massive.

The effect was perfect from the waist up. I got a delightfully musclebound bad guy that was perfect.

From the waist down is a different story though. The massive bulging thighs are possitively ridiculous looking and are not good at all, and the feet are huge.

So I have a figure that looks great on top and terrible down below.

I would really like to keep the silly overmuscled upper half, but slim the lower half down to something much more reasonable.

I thought I saw somewhere that it was possible to apply the character morphs only to certain areas of the body instead of the entire figure. Is that true? If not, is there a plugin or other product that achieves the same goal?

Please let me know. I would really like to get get this character working as soon as possible.

Comments

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Some morphs can be applied to parts of the body but things like the Freak and Bodybuilder morphs are aimed at the entire body.

One option would be to go into the thigh section and scale it down. The X scale would adjust the width of the thighs while Z would adjust the depth. Y would be the length so unless you wanted shorter legs I'd leave that alone. You'll probably also want to scale down the shins and then the feet and toes to make it look proportional.

You're still going to have a character with well defined muscle groups but at least he won't be risking starting a fire as he runs.

• Boingo the ClownBoingo the Clown Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

What I just tired to do was make the lower half of the figure invisible, then load a second Genesis figure, making its upper half invisible, then applying the Michael 3 morph plus the body builder morph so that I have a nice buff lower half, not a weird bulgy one.

Then I told the second Genesis figure to fit to the first one. In D|S 1.x through 3.x this would parent to two figures together so that their rigging would match up and they would move as one. In this case D|S attempted to fit the second figure to the first one as a piece of clothing causing the second figure to become bulgy too, with some other wacky effects.

Is it possible to match two Genesis figures so that their movements match up, but neither one gets morphed into the shape of the other?

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Instead of Fit To maybe Parent one to the other?

• Boingo the ClownBoingo the Clown Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

How?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

The simplest way would be to drag the second figure onto the hip of the first, if the hip is where you want the split, in the Scene pane. You can also change an item's parent by going to the Parameters pane or by right-clicking.