Default Unit of Measurement

Darkelf51Darkelf51 Posts: 26
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Howdy folks,
I have a question about setting the "unit of measurement" ie... feet,mm, inches, etc. Where can I set this item for studio 4.6?

Comments

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

I don't think you can as there isn't really a "unit of measurement" in DS. There are "units" and people have figured out that 1 unit = x (not sure of the exact figure off the top of my head). There is no way to actually change that though as far as I'm aware.

• Darkelf51Darkelf51 Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Ok...I am a photographer and if I have a setup for a particular scene and wanted emulate that setup...would be easier to know how far the camera from subject, or how much the camera off the ground (plane). Oh well, back to Poser. Thanks bunches for the reply.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,331
    edited December 1969

Darkelf51 said:
    Ok...I am a photographer and if I have a setup for a particular scene and wanted emulate that setup...would be easier to know how far the camera from subject, or how much the camera off the ground (plane). Oh well, back to Poser. Thanks bunches for the reply.

If you mean the numbers in the x-,y-,z- translation parameters, I believe they are in centimetres (i.e. 100.00 means 1 metre) and the grid on the ground (if you enable its display) is in metre squares.
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Somebody has actually created a free measuring stick object with markings too if you can find it, I don't remember who or where.

edited December 1969

hmmm. Some quick calculating ...if its not ...it looks dang close. Maybe that's something we can ask for in Studio 5.0. Right now I would settle for just a blurb in the reference manual . LOL Thanks MelanieL! Appreciate the come back.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,238
    edited July 2013

The unit of measure, for distance/length/etc, in DAZ Studio is centimeter. It cannot [currently] be changed.

-Rob

Post edited by rbtwhiz on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Sean for the info. I had this fantastic idea of creating a model in Daz, do the posing, and "stuff". Then go out in the real world and shoot the backdrop and make the composite in PS. Photographers do it all the time. Maintaining among other things is the "perspective". Just pipe dreamin' LOL. Thanks again!

edited December 1969

Wow! See I knew I would rattle somebody's cage this morning..LOL!!! Thanks, Rob! Appreciate it bunches!