Smart Content Problems

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,129
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I am having difficulty with the smart content to show anything. I uninstalled DS and CMS. I reinstalled them. I uninstalled and deleted their folders. I reinstalled them outside of the program files directory. I uninstalled again and deleted folders. I installed again. I deleted the folder and installed again.
I have W7pro 64bit. I can try to get other specs if needed.

Right now trying to post this topic before attaching screenshots

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Is CMS running as a Process in Task Manager, if not, try to restart it from Start > All Programs > DAZ 3D.

If that doesn't work, you may need to delete the database files as they may have become corrupted. If you don't use Categories that you created yourself, you wont lose anything, the Metadata can be imported again.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,129
    edited December 1969

Where are the smart contact database files stored? or what their names are?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

I am having difficulty with the smart content to show anything. I uninstalled DS and CMS. I reinstalled them. I uninstalled and deleted their folders. I reinstalled them outside of the program files directory. I uninstalled again and deleted folders. I installed again. I deleted the folder and installed again.

As I've said a hundred times Uninstalling and Re installing does not, can not, and never will fix the CMS database. It is only fixed by the Content DB Manager found in the Content Library Tab in the Mini menu (four lines). To fix most issues you Export User Data then when that is done you Re-Import Metadata.

I read you Deleted the Folder, your Metadata needs RESET and Re-Imported. You deleted the Database so a new one needs created.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

As I've said a hundred times Uninstalling and Re installing does not, can not, and never will fix the CMS database. It is only fixed by the Content DB Manager found in the Content Library Tab in the Mini menu (four lines). To fix most issues you Export User Data then when that is done you Re-Import Metadata.

I read you Deleted the Folder, your Metadata needs RESET and Re-Imported. You deleted the Database so a new one needs created.
    I know that uninstalling and reinstalling does not fix CMS.
    I did not know about the content db manager so thanks.
    edited December 1969

Found out the problem was my security suite keeping the content management service from running.