How can I fix the poke though of dynamic clothing for Vic 4 on Genesis?

mjordy59mjordy59 Posts: 66

I keep having a hard time trying to fit some Vic 4 Dynamic Clothing to Genesis. Right clicking trying to use the "Fit to" plugin doesn't show up in the drop down menu the, it only gives me the menu that gives the option to change the parent of the object,but not the plugin "fit to"..
I've read somewhere that clicking in the scene menu(top corner,triangle with little lines) and clicking on "Edit" I can choose "set smoothing modifier base"
But it doesn't do anything when I click on "Parameters" and look for the dials. "Actor" doesn't show up in the menu,and I don't see the smooth modifier dials..

My main objective is to conform this Dynamic clothing to Genesis,so that the clothing conforms with the Genesis figure movement. What I get is Genesis moving out of the parent of the clothing.

Chniblouse1.JPG
1006 x 544 - 209K
Chinblouse.JPG
1006 x 544 - 219K
Post edited by mjordy59 on

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited July 2013

Dynamic clothing wont work with autofit. Autofit only works on conforming clothes, same with other Studio tools.

Post edited by ManStan on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes, as ManStan says, DAZ Dynamic clothing does not conform. If you want to pose it with the figure, you have to use the Dynamic Clothing Control which you can find in Window > Tabs > Dynamic Clothing.

You may need to run an animated drape, but remember, the clothing is not made for Genesis, and may not work correctly.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

What you can do is line the clothing up with Genesis by posing one or the other, staying close to the default pose, then open the Timeline pane and move to frame 30, apply your desired pose to Genesis, move the frame back to 0, and finally in the Dynamic Clothing pane set the drape type to Animated and click the Drape button (with the usual checking the collision items and so on that you need for any dynamic clothing).

• mjordy59mjordy59 Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Thanks all for your replies and I will try to do the option with the timeline method. THe only thing I don't like about Genesis only clothing is that it looks too "shiny" and less realistic than Dynamic or other conforming clothes.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Genesis clothing should look exactly the same as any other clothing, there is no difference.

You should really have a look at the Surfaces tab, and see what you can do about the shininess. Are there any clothes in particular that you find to be too shiny?