Weight Map Brush Too Strong

cathauscathaus Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I'm about to give up on modifying my weight maps in DAZ 3D. It seems like my weight map brush is simply too strong regardless of how I change my settings. Does anyone have any helpful resources on the use of this tool? I watched the YouTube video provided by DAZ and it looks so simple and intuitive, yet I cannot get it to behave properly.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

What do you mean by too strong? Describing how the issue manifests may help people to suggest solutions or work-arounds.

• cathauscathaus Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I came across a post that mentioned that the Mac version of DAZ has a bug wherein the smoothing brush and weight brush controls are controlled not by their respective sensitivity slider but by the opposite tool. Once I tried working this way I had good results and things seemed to function as one would expect. I believe that bug has been in there for a while now.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

In that case, it's probably a good idea to see if there's a report in the bug tracker ( bugs.daz3d.com - separate account from the store and forum so you will have to sign up).