Vue Serial Number ?????

NedKellyNedKelly Posts: 63
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Can anyone tell me where I will find the serial number for the copy of Vue11 that I just purchased from the DAZ store. I assumed it would appear in the list of my serial numbers but it hasn't. The only mention in the documentation is that it appears on the inside of the CD sleeve which you obviously don't get when you buy an electronic copy of the software. There is no mention of serial numbers in the product description either. ????????????????????????

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It will be added to your Account once E-on issues it to Daz.

• NedKellyNedKelly Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail,
    Wish they'd mention that in the item description, would have saved me a lot of wasted time.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Whenever I got Vue from magazine CDs, one had to register it at their homesite and get the serial key there. Wasn't much of a deal though, darn thing won't open any file one doesn't buy from them! Nor could one create files to share. And any files 'bought' are 'locked' to the particular edition in hand, on said computer. I mention all this because if one can get Vue from Daz3d and the serial key as well, can one also use any ol' Vue file they happen to have gotten from places other than their homeworld?

edited December 1969

Well Patience55, I wish I could answer that question but 36 hours after purchasing the product I am still without a serial number. DAZ support staff assured me I would have one by the close of trade yesterday but it didn't happen. Got to say I'm not real happy about it.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Are you checking in your My Account area, under My Serial Numbers?

If so, there may be more than one page to check.

edited December 1969

Yeah, thanks Jimmy. I have been checking all the pages of my serial numbers. It seems that the DAZ shop ran out of serial numbers and they are waiting for a new batch from the vendor but their staff shouldn't make promises that they cant keep.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Please remember that Vue is a resell item, and thus not goverened by DAZ 3D. They are completely reliant on the reseller doing their part in the process.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I am well aware of that Chohole. If they said it would take up to a week to sort it out then I would happily accept that, I have been in business myself long enough to know full well how suppliers can let you down, the thing that gets me steamed is the false promises. All I want in any dealings is an honest answer not empty assurances.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Well, if the return policy is still 30 days, then a week is certainly more than enough time to receive a serial key. Something I recall reading mentioned 5 days ... that tiny item was never poured through extensively in the forums for any of us customers to know what it was about ... so given the price, can't tell you want to do, but I know what I'd do. Same edition occasionally comes out technically for free except that one has to buy the magazine of course ... and it would be just as they've released the next new numbered edition.