Things I'm Playing with ........

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited August 2021

I like DA Clydesdale ,just don't care for the deForce mane and tail cause I use3DL not iRay .....

guess this proves I'm a animal hoarder ......

DA Clydesdale.png
    2000 x 2000 - 5M
    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • I'm using Iray and I don't get a main or tail at all!?!

Clydesdale-01.jpg
    800 x 450 - 33K

FrederickRM said:

I'm using Iray and I don't get a main or tail at all!?!

@FrederickRM  Did you load them onto the clydsdale? the deForce mane and tail are in a seperate folder ......... I used the regular mane and tail ,and the feathering for the unicorn for my picture

edited August 2021

So haven't been rendering much been trying to learn stuff ,then I got playing with the geometry editor and have been working on making working doors on Sloshwerks "French Quarter "buildings and changing the materials to 3DL,

it's nit picking and I know next I'll need to learn how to rig them properly but I'm haveing fun any way ,Sloshwerk does some beautiful clean work....

heheheworkingon Chizzlercorner building.png
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
  • FrederickRMFrederickRM Posts: 9
    edited September 2021

carrie58 said:

FrederickRM said:

@FrederickRM  Did you load them onto the clydsdale? the deForce mane and tail are in a seperate folder ......... I used the regular mane and tail ,and the feathering for the unicorn for my picture

Oddly I looked for a folder but all I seem to have is the leg feathers. I may have to install it again...

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited September 2021

FrederickRM said:

carrie58 said:

FrederickRM said:

Oddly I looked for a folder but all I seem to have is the leg feathers. I may have to install it again

Hmmmm I've been looking at the folder  and the Clydsdale only has the leg feathering  the DForce long mane and tail are a seperate product by Design Anvil ,you can just load the mane and tail that come with the DAZ Horse2 on the Clydsdale

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited September 2021

Well it's taken me 2 weeks to modify SloshWerks Chizzler's Corner buildings to make the doors and windows open and closeable ,I know they aren't quite right because I should turn them into figures with bones  but right now they are just a bunch of parented props .Eventually I'll learn how to do that but for now this works for me.Only problem is when I try rendering with lights Studio crashes ... so here is a lightless render. Oh and I changed the textures to just base 3DL .

Chrizzler's Corner modified 9-10-21.png
    1780 x 933 - 2M
    edited September 2021

Let's hop around a bit I dug out my Texture converter2  and have been converting skins from K4 to V4 and M4 ,and from V3 M3 to V4 M4 to use on Genesis 3&8 ........then I'll hop back to working on doors and I think I finally figured out how to fix Merpal's weight map so it's eyes don't go wonky ,which makes me happy

G8V4Skin.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    edited September 2021

and now playing with LAMH 

Curiousity Cat.png
    2000 x 2000 - 5M
    Playing with hair.png
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    edited October 2021

This is the G8F with V4 skin and Growing up morphs and a plushie

G8FV4skinGrowup and a plushie.png
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    edited October 2021

and another young lady ,

G8F little girl 10-08-21.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    edited October 2021

Here thanks to SickleYields clones for M3andV3 ,is M8 with M3's clothes G3's Wings ,I love being able to use things that I bought but moved past figure wise too fast

G8withgeneration3 clothes.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

I just love all the new renders/characters and those fur babies wow!!!

@Saphirewild thank you so much .

edited October 2021

Well seems the one converter DragonStorm didn't make would be handy now ,just converting V4,M4 to DUF ,unless I'm missing something .Anyway been doing a couple a night ,now working through the Modern Muses by Surreality ,boy there are alot of parts , but they are for the most part optimized for use in Poser ... so I think I'll just use the bases stuff not the shimmer glitter or glitz ,I will use the shine on the lips if I can get it to look right .... here is Amalie just playing with the skin tool box with her skin

testofskintoolboxonAmaliesurreality.png
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
    edited November 2021

Okay so during the PC sale I got Coral 8.1 ,love the tail reall wish I could figure out how to get it on G8 ,but I really dislike the PBR shaders and the iRay ,so after yelling for help I got them off cause for some reason my iRay to 3DL script didn't work on the tail ...... talk about a headache ,and I'd really like to make some other textures for the tail .....but iRay shaders are like Martian to me ......oh well So anyway ,here is my version of Coral 8.1 she's still a work in process but getting there ,don't like the torso still ,and need to make some adjustments to the tail fins .......

Coral 8.1 adjustedto3dl.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M

here's another version which I think is better

edited November 2021

I've been having issues with the PBR based shaders they slow my Studio down alot ,so just like iRay I'm slowly changing them to 3DL. ....  Of course I gave in and got the Genesis8.1 Centaurs and of course they are PBR , so been fighting with this the last few days , so here is my first render of the male Kahale  centaur he reminds me of Dwayne Johnson alot

G8.1 Centaur 3DL.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 2021

So been working on this.....

Lonely desert highway.png
    2000 x 2000 - 4M

What beautiful renders for sure Carrie!!!

edited December 2021

okay so my brain has been hopping around ,not staying focused on any one thing ,I use to be very focus actually unable to start something new until I finished the old ,not the case now . I've done Toon skins for the Hivewire Horse ,and LLF's Diamond ,so now I'm working on the DAZ Horse2 and the MilHorse ,and they will be useable on the centuars too so that's interesting......the only issue is I only set them up in 3DL ,maybe I can figure out a bare basic iRay but I'm not sure ....

testtoonhorse12.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M

Been trying to figure out how to make the Head and body textures on the DAZ Horse2 match properly ,been giving myself a headache  over it and finally had a break through !! If it works out right I can make matching coats for MilHorse1 DAZ Horse2 ,and any other critters to match ,might even make more for Diamond  too .

edited February 2022

Brains been wandering a bit so took a break and tried finishing some crochet projects ,so I finished a blanket for my youngest grandaughter ,and 5 lap robes that I'm gonna donate .And I finally got Vysurs Cat Zeus ,very nice cat and dispite the fact that Vysurs says it works in 3DL despite being for iRay ,I had to played around and switch it to 3DL ,then of course started working on some other skins.

can't wait until I can get the add on for him

White Zeus.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    Zeus the cat.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M

Trying to figure out how to make the deForce hair some color other then white of course I'm trying this in 3DL ,so that might be part of my problem

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

carrie58 said:

Trying to figure out how to make the deForce hair some color other then white of course I'm trying this in 3DL ,so that might be part of my problem

I think Daz's 3DL shader for dForce hair might be broken. I experimented with it a little while back to help another user out, and I found no way to change the base color. Maybe 3DL mats for specific dForce hairs work better, but I haven't experimented enough to know. 

I think it turned out really good IMO @Carrie58!!

edited April 2022

Well trying to do more renders ....

3-31-2022 D.png
    2000 x 2000 - 6M
    edited June 2022

So I gave in and bought Melody and Micah ,and the Furries for them , and then I got Ethin's Beagle and Cat freebies for them ......also want to see if it's possible to move them up to Genesis with GenX2 or not ,could be interesting .This is my first play with them

"Yes Micah she is very cute ,they all are cute when they are little , but then they grow up ,do you really want to deal with a teenager? I'm not going to clean up after her or feed her ,she'll be your responsibilty"

edited August 2022

Found a lovely texture set for Harry the Hivewire Horse  by Hunter_D to make him a cyborg ,only problem I had is it's set up for Poser's Firefly and SuperFly(?) so I've been playing with the texture maps to get a good look in DS with 3Delight ,...... not sure I'm there yet ,added a Geoshell ,and at one point had a great reflection going but in playing with the settings I lost it,oh well I'll find it again I'm sure or not ,have to keep playing to be sure .....

Cyborg Harry Hunter_D.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M

Wow Harry never looked so good!!!!