My DIM/CMS dashboard is showing installed content as reverted to "ready to install"??

quickxoticaquickxotica Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

About 95% of my DIM-installed content items that had previously shown up in the "Installed" tab of DIM suddenly now show instead in the middle ("Ready To Install") tab of DIM. Why would all those items move like that? I have restarted the DIM and DS 4.6Pro several times over the past week to no effect.

To be clear... all the content seems to still work from within DS.... only the DIM seems to have forgotten most of what it's already installed. Only a couple dozen (most recent) items are currently listed in my "Installed" content tab in the DIM dashboard.

Any clues as to how to fix? (short of selecting all and clicking "start queue" to re-installing everything)

Thanks!!!

Notes: Win7 64bit PC running latest version of DIM (last time I checked)

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It looks like the DIM is missing the files that it needs to know what it has already installed..

If you look in C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager, have you deleted anything from there recently? There should be a folder in there called ManifetsFiles which keeps a record of everything that the DIM installs. Is it still there?

• quickxoticaquickxotica Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It looks like the DIM is missing the files that it needs to know what it has already installed..

If you look in C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager, have you deleted anything from there recently? There should be a folder in there called ManifetsFiles which keeps a record of everything that the DIM installs. Is it still there?

Thank you! Yes that folder exists, but only contains records of the couple-dozen files DIM shows as "installed." I guess that explains why DIM no longer thinks my other content is installed.

So.... Is there any remedy short of reinstalling everything? Seems silly to do that if this minor DIM glitch is the only flaw. I have no IDE how the manifest files got deleted.

Thoughts?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The DIM would reinstall these items fairly quickly, and it would correct the current problem, but it worries me that we don't know how it happened in the first place.

If you hang on a little while, some of the Admins may be around who know a lot more about this than I do. There may be a way to rebuild that folder.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nope, if the Files are missing from the folder only a re-install will fix it. Even if you use Categories a Re-install will not hurt anything.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Have you checked your hard drive for problems.?