Stonemason's Urban Future 4 - Some textures render blurry

rol3drol3d Posts: 40
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi;

I’m an entry level Daz Studio user. I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong.

I start DS fresh, load the UrbanFuture4 Set. In preview mode, the wall textures are clear, I can even read the signs at a distance. But when I render, the wall textures render out really blurry, see attached.

Thanks for any tips.

urbanFuture4.png
1280 x 720 - 888K

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2013

What are your Render settings? Can you post a Snap shot of both? Basic and Advanced...

EDIT: Could also be the Camera, maybe post it's settings also.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • rol3drol3d Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

Wow, fast response, thanks so much.

Here are my Render and Camera settings.

I just bought the set, so I doubt it would be a version issue, it must be me.

RenderSettings.jpg
    406 x 1466 - 224K
    CameraSettings2.jpg
    404 x 1240 - 193K
    CameraSettings1.jpg
    408 x 744 - 107K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2013

I believe its your Shading Rate. It should NEVER be above 2 and for GOOD renders a .5 is Best. It Should go Down never UP. Here are a few I use from Adamr01. Ray Trace should Not be Above 2 unless you need Multi Reflections like a Mirror reflecting a mirror.

Click Image for full Size.

Capture1.png
    999 x 535 - 51K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • The DigiVaultThe DigiVault Posts: 453
    edited December 1969

Thanks for this Jaderail, very useful info.

edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail, for taking the time to respond and help out. You nailed it on the head: after changing my settings, I got the beautiful renders I had seen of Stonemason's work!

Jaderail said:
    I believe its your Shading Rate. It should NEVER be above 2 and for GOOD renders a .5 is Best. It Should go Down never UP. Here are a few I use from Adamr01. Ray Trace should Not be Above 2 unless you need Multi Reflections like a Mirror reflecting a mirror.

Click Image for full Size.
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

If you want to learn more about the render settings this might help Render Setting…How? Tutorial links?

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

And as Jade said, you can get some preset quickies by looking in my tutorials and freebies thread at the bottom of my post :)

edited December 1969

Thanks for the extra info guys - I'll have to busy myself with reading and experimenting!

• edited December 1969

Thanks to Jaderail,
    I was having the same issue, after sending to Zbrush and loading textures created in Zbrush for some reason the shading rate got changed to 42! and textures were looking absolutely blurred. FIXED.

Thanks to everyone else too for the links.

edited December 1969

gscampa said:
    Thanks to Jaderail,
    I was having the same issue, after sending to Zbrush and loading textures created in Zbrush for some reason the shading rate got changed to 42! and textures were looking absolutely blurred. FIXED.

Thanks to everyone else too for the links.

Same here! My setting keeps on returning to 42. I have exported to Hex, not ZBrush. Will post if I find a pattern.