Rag-Erator and Gore-Dom in Poser 9 - Python problem - Please Help! Need solution ASAP.

I'm trying to run Gore-Dom and the Rag-Erator from my P7 library in P9 -- but only getting some kind of python error (which I don't understand at all).

Is it possible to use these products with P9?

Do I merely have to re-install them in P9? (And, if so, must they go in the program directory?)

I figured I'd ask before fiddling around myself and just having to remove them later 'cause they don't work.

Oh, and naturally I need to know ASAP -- as I wanted to use them on cover for something I'm hoping to release in the next few days.

Here's the product URs, in case that's helpful:

http://www.daz3d.com/rag-erator-for-poser
http://www.daz3d.com/gore-dom-for-poser-1-1

Thanks for your help.

-- Steve

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I recently ran into this myself with something else. Try copying the Python folder from the Runtime into the Runtime in your Poser program folder. The actual mats can be in an external runtime.

• edited December 1969

That might work. Though I wouldn't want to overwrite anything incorrectly. (I'm not a computer idiot by any means, but I'd rather avoid creating more problems for myself, I f I can.)

Reinstalling might be easier, if it would work.

I"ll look at your option, though. Thanks!

And thanks for being so timely.

-- SDS

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

From what I've seen, things that go in the Python folder generally have a sub folder of their own, named something particular to the item/product/creator with very minimal chances of overwriting. If you want, just open up the Python folder and see if you have one of the same name in your other Python folder in your Poser app folder (located in \Runtime).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

See if there's a separate download available for P9 -- there've been changes to Python support in Poser so some products needed to be updated to work with the newer version.

• edited December 1969

There didn't seem to be an update on either when I looked at the product page -- though I suppose I could have missed it.

I've copied the files from Poserscripts in 7 to Poserscripts in 9, but I haven't tried it yet.

Not sure if I need to restart Poser to do it, and I'm still working on another issue.

-- SDS

• edited December 1969

Okay, just tried it (without a restart), and this is what it's telling me.

RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file

So, just copying the files didn't help. :-(

If I reinstall, which seems my best option at the moment, should I do it with the Daz installer (if available) or the old-fashioned way -- or shouldn't it make any difference?

- S

edited December 1969

Magic number error means it was compiled in the older version of Python and won't work in Poser9+. Your best bet is to PM DraagonStorm and ask if it's something that has been or can be updated for Poser9. I know there were some features dropped in Poser9 Python that make some plugins impossible to update, but I don't recall if these were among them.

• edited December 1969

Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure how to do that in DAZ.

Is there a mail link to DragonStorm that I'm missing?

If not, how do I find his/her PM info?

Thanks.

-- S

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=3341722

Old forum link about her python updates for P9. I think you need to redownload and reinstall as she did update the 2 you mentioned in 2012.

• edited December 1969

Well found, Mr. Poser. Thanks! Your DAZ-Fu is strong.

Hopefully, that'll solve the problem -- and the fact that I have my runtime in documents (as suggested) won't be an issue.

Fingers crossed. Will let y'all know how it turns out.

Thanks again!

-- SDS

• edited December 1969

Reinstalling the new version with the DAZ manager worked just fine. :-)

(If anyone else is doing that, make sure you get the version of the file that says it's updated. This only shows up in your files, not on the product page.)

Thanks to everyone for the help!

-- Steve

• rickfoxxx7@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 186
    edited September 2013

(If anyone else is doing that, make sure you get the version of the file that says it's updated. This only shows up in your files, not on the product page.)

-- Steve

I have that same problem with rag-erator for Poser: RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file

How did you solve it?

I have Poser pro 2014

Post edited by [email protected] on
    edited December 1969

-- Steve

I have that same problem with rag-erator for Poser: RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file

How did you solve it?

I have Poser pro 2014

Make sure you get the version that says it's updated. If that doesn't solve it, Smith-Micro must have changed the Python version between P9 and P10.