Teeth Poke Through With Rebelmommy Characters

dearrazerdearrazer Posts: 0

Hi everyone!

I'm using PP2014 and I have an issue with teeth poking through the lower jaw when I use a certain expression morph.

The expression set is Hot Passion by Tempesta3D

I was thinking it was a problem with the expression morph until I realized that this particular expression works perfectly with my other head morphs except for two characters from Rebelmommy - RM Katja ( Victoria 4.2 ) & RM Bellisa ( Victoria 4.2 ). I have other RM characters but I haven't tried this particular expression with them so I can't say whether all her head morphs have this issue.

I have attached an image of the problem on the RM Katja head morph - all I did was load V4.2, apply Katja head morph INJ, apply skin texture, and then expression INJ

P.S. - Excuse the black smudges in the hair - I found another thread asking about that!

Post edited by dearrazer on

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited August 2013

I can't give you an answer as to why it's happening, but if you don't plan on opening her mouth, you could just hide the teeth.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited August 2013

Most custom character morphs only work on the head mesh, but RM is usually better than most as she usually blends the neck to give a smooth transition between head and neck, but sadly they all usually forget about the inner mouth.
    A quick and dirty fix for this is to select the upperjaw and lowerjaw body parts, and in parameters set the zTranslate on both to -0.1 or -0.2, this will move the teeth back into the head, just far enough to stop them poking through without causing any other issues.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • dearrazerdearrazer Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

Bejaymac said:
    A quick and dirty fix for this is to select the upperjaw and lowerjaw body parts, and in parameters set the zTranslate on both to -0.1 or -0.2, this will move the teeth back into the head, just far enough to stop them poking through without causing any other issues.

Thanks for the tip Bejaymac! The zTranslate worked but I had to go all the way up to -1.100 on both the upper and lower jaw before the teeth disappeared completely! I tried some other expressions and they still look normal on her but since I had to go all the way up to -1.100, I have this nagging feeling that her mouth is messed up somehow...if that makes any sense...maybe I just worry too much...lol

Post edited by dearrazer on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited August 2013

ztrans of 0.0 does not always mean the teeth are back inside the mouth lined up and ready, although it seems like it should.
    There are two other places you may look for this anomaly and it's not limited to RM's figures as far as I can tell:
    Scale of the upper or lower teeth (you may need to "show hidden" under the parameters drop down to see if something is out of line)
    or a morph target to the teeth and/or face are possible causes.

You can try to "lock" the teeth once you have them set but some face poses will override the settings locked or not.

Post edited by StratDragon on