Why I don't see my order in DAZ after install manager install it for me?

Scote801Scote801 Posts: 0

HI,

I just install DAZ 4.6 and install with the help of your Install Manager the Young Teen 5 pack. But from there I don't know how to get them in DAZ.

In the Content Library it's just the Genesis model

I find that my downloads installby default in the

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\YoungTeens

So It's a morph. How do I actually get the mmodel visible in DAZ?

Post edited by Scote801 on

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Make sure C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library is mapped in the content library in DS. It's under Edit > Preferences. Add the directory as both Daz Studio Format and Poser Format.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Did DAZ change folder names again?

None the less, the teens should be listed under genesis/characters{?} in the content tab. Or may have already been installed to genesis. Just load genesis and check actors.

Untitled_1_(2).jpg
    358 x 331 - 73K
    Untitled_1.jpg
    256 x 553 - 88K
  • Scote801Scote801 Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

I Already try to add that directory but the software tell me that it miss the genesis.dsf

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf

Why the software need to add two directories for library... If I copy Genesis.dsf from:

C:\Users\Utilisateur\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis

and paste in the

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base

it give me just a cubes man.

Daz-cubeman.jpg

Do I need to copy all the files elsewhere?

I tought your install manager whould do a clean job to but everything in one folder. why need to add an other manually

daz-cubeman.jpg
    1477 x 800 - 334K
    Post edited by Scote801 on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You should NOT have moved any files, they are all in the correct place.

The DSF file that DS is looking for is the startup file, which used to be called Genesis.DSF, but is now in the new format and is called Genesis.DUF.

All that you needed to do, was to change the name in Edit > Preferences > Starup > Load File from DSF to DUF and the file would have loaded. It now can't find the file in the dtat folder that it needs to load the figure, so you will need to put it back.. The install manager (DIM) always puts the files in the correct place.

edited December 1969

Mm.. To startup point to C:\Users\Utilisateur\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis

And this is a DSF there not DUF. Don't really understand why I need to change the name if the file is the old extension.. You propably mean to change the extension from DSF to DUF.

edited August 2013

That is correct, it is now called Genesis.DUF NOT Genesis.DSF, so either change the filename Startup is looking for, or untick the box, and load Genesis from My DAZ 3D library > People > Genesis yourself.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Nothing is clear here lol

The Genesis model is in

Studio\My Library\People\Genesis

But There is no Genesis model in

My DAZ 3D library > People > Genesis

How I can load the model if there is none.

Any way I load the model from the Studio\My Library\People\Genesis and now how can I apply the Young Teen to that?

edited December 1969

But clearly someone tell me why Daz Studio create two library folders in the first place?? Not very friendly user

edited December 1969

My Library was the old default installation path, the new path, that the DIM uses is C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library.

You can create a new path in the DIM by using the little gear icon at the top right of the interface, and tell it to put your content in My Library if you want, or add the My DAZ 3D Library path to the Content Directory Manager. You can create as many paths as you like in DIM, you are not stuck with where it installs originally.

You can uninstall all of the content from My DAZ 3D Library (only takes a few seconds) and then reinstall it from the Ready to Install tab to where you want it to go.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Scote801 said:
    But clearly someone tell me why Daz Studio create two library folders in the first place?? Not very friendly user
    The First folder C:/USER NAME/My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library is created by the DAZ Studio program at install. This is the Default for the DAZ Studio Program, if you install content yourself and are the only user of DAZ Studio on the Computer.

The New Folder that is Made by DIM (DAZ Install Manager) at C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library is a MS (windows) compliant Public folder as suggested by MS for any program that can/will have multi users on the same Computer. With the content in this folder there is no action Required by the Computers Administrator to set the folder as shared for all profiles on the Computer.

To Point the DAZ Studio Program to the proper folder you use all that is needed is to open EDIT>Preferances>Content Library>Content Directory Manager and Set the Paths to the proper folder as Shown Below.
    Paths.png
    444 x 365 - 51K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail for the technical explain, I understand now.

But the Genesis model is still in the My Library folder. I need to keep that folder in my Content Directory Manager.

thanks for the clear instruction

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,920
    edited December 1969

Where do you have DIM pointed to? My Library or My DAZ 3D Library?

edited December 1969

Here is a step by step of how to set DIM to use your folder.

Open the Installed section.
    1. Select Products and this selects all.
    2. Start the Quece and it uninstalls all content.
    3. Select the Gear when uninstalls end.

Capture1.png
    585 x 539 - 77K
    edited August 2013

When the new Screen opens...
    1. Select Installation Section.
    2. Select the + (plus) Icon.
    3. Add a Name for the Path.
    4. Browse to the FOLDER.

Capture2.png
    583 x 542 - 72K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited August 2013

This will open because the My Library folder has content in it. Just click as shown.

Capture3.png
    586 x 544 - 68K
    edited August 2013

1. Select the old path so it Highlights.
    2. Select the - (minus) and remove the old path.

Capture4.png
    584 x 542 - 63K
    edited August 2013

Now Accept the Changes. EXIT DIM. Let it reset, now Reboot DIM and your ready to install to your Path.

Capture5.png
    584 x 540 - 55K