Extracting UV map template from Poser Prop pz2 file in Ds4.0?

Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,408
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I have the freebie Yagyu M4 set from Hisayan and am trying to add a family mon to the Haori over the two pectorals and on the back between the shoulders. Unfortunately, the texture that comes with the set is just a rectangle of "fabric" with no clear distinction of what the UV map looks like, and there's no UV template nor Object file to extract a UV template from. What can I do to create a new texture with the mon in the proper places?

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited August 2013

You could just try using the Layered Image Editor. On the surfaces tab, hit the portion where the diffuse map is and choose the Layered Image Editor option. This will let you apply any image and move it around to where you want. I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many layers you can have, but the point of it is is that it won't override your diffuse map, only add to it, without having to alter the original map.

As for your actual question, I think you can export it out as an OBJ and then bring it into something like UVMapper to get the maps. DS also has a UV view for an object, but I haven't found a way to export the view as an image without print screening.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,408
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    You could just try using the Layered Image Editor. On the surfaces tab, hit the portion where the diffuse map is and choose the Layered Image Editor option. This will let you apply any image and move it around to where you want. I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many layers you can have, but the point of it is is that it won't override your diffuse map, only add to it, without having to alter the original map.

As for your actual question, I think you can export it out as an OBJ and then bring it into something like UVMapper to get the maps. DS also has a UV view for an object, but I haven't found a way to export the view as an image without print screening.

The UV View option was exactly what I needed, since all I needed was a template to line things up. Thanks.