DAZ Install Manager - Content Directory Path

buck415buck415 Posts: 57
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Yesterday when performing recommended Windows 8 maintenance I learned that performing a system "refresh" results in an unexpected deletion of installed programs. I'm now far enough along in the re-installation process that DS4.6Pro has been successfully reinstalled, along with the Installation manager. My question is about the DAZ content directory path that I need to enter into the Installation manager.

DS4 Pro is installed onto the C drive through the Installation Manager. The Content Directory is the default recommended path, which I need to change. My content directory is on a separate drive within a subfolder:

Q:/3D/DAZ/Content

All of my DAZ content is installed to the above address.

When I assign a custom installation path in the Installation Manager, do I enter the above address, or simply:

Q:/3D/DAZ

Thanks

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971
    edited August 2013

It sounds like it should be the one ending in Content - does that have subfolders like data and People/Genesis in?

You should also start up Daz Studio, hit F2 for pereferences and check to see what the Path is set to for Daz Studio format, and make sure they are the same.

Post edited by SimonJM on
  • buck415buck415 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

Hi SimonJM.

I was thinking that it should be the path ending in Content (yes, it has the People/Genesis directories).

I've got DS4 mapped properly and it works fine. It's just the Installation Manager paths that have me confused (probably because I started to think about them).

Thank you.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here is a short Tutorial on Setting the DIM to any path. You may not need all the steps.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26804/#398703

• buck415buck415 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

Hi Jaderail.

That's a very good tutorial, thank you very much for sharing.

Do you happen to know if a tutorial is available to help a user understand where certain products should install, and how to verify that they have installed to the correct location?

For example, PoseMaster. When I see that product in the DAZ Installer list, how do I know where it is supposed to install? Should it go into the C: drive sporting the DS program, or another drive sporting the content?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you set the DIM up so it does BOTH content (items) and Plugins (this requires setting up or checking your paths are correct) the DIM should and can install things properly for you. I used DIM to install my PhotoShop 3D bridge and it works perfectly.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

For items that are DS/Poser content, DIM uses the install path you select. For plugins, DIM uses the list of applications in the Settings > Applications tab to install any files that need to go in particular locations.