Easier way to change parameter settings?

bshugs@hotmail.com[email protected] Posts: 176
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Something small has bugged me for a while, and I haven't found a solution on our forums or though Google. After trying to figure it out on my own I've run out of ideas, so I'm asking it here. Please forgive if it is something obvious that has just eluded me.

There is no keyboard key for changing parameter settings.

The dragging the sliders, or entering a value are good for large changes, but sometimes you want to keep nudging the bend on the Right ForeArm little by little until the hand reaches the target. I can use the Plus and Minus buttons on the edge of the slider, but eventually my mouse wiggles and I go from 2..97 to 129.43 when my pointer strays into the slider.

Is there anyway to map keys on the keyboard to the currently selected parameter slider?

If anyone has a solution: Thank you in advance.
If not: Do you think it's useful enough to recommend for the next version?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure if it's scriptable, but even if it is there's no harm in making a feature request - you might even get a reply telling you how to do it.

• bshugs@hotmail.com[email protected] Posts: 176
    edited December 1969

There's a feature/option that seems to be missing. It's a very small thing, but when you're trying to nudge a parameter a hair at a time, say to get the bend on that finger to wrap just right, the only option is to keep clicking the Plus or Minus buttons next to the slider. (I know, you can also keep clicking on the value and manually enter a new value, but that's even more tedious.)

My problem is that eventualy, the mouse pointer wanders off the button and onto the slider and it jumps from 4.33 to 129.83.

It would be nice if the scroll wheel or the plus/minus keys on the keyboard could do the same thing. It would only apply to the currently selected parameter, so you would still have to click on the rotate or morph you want, but it would be easier. The scroll wheel in particular seems intuitive, with a click of the wheel translating into one increment on the slider.. (increment defined as a Nudge in the Parameter Settings dialog).

If there is already a way to do this, and I just haven't figured it out, please let me know. :cheese:

edited December 1969

A feature request needs to be made as a bug report, rather than a forum post. I'll merge this with your other thread (which i can move to this forum if you like).

• bshugs@hotmail.com[email protected] Posts: 176
    edited August 2013

A feature request needs to be made as a bug report, rather than a forum post. I'll merge this with your other thread (which i can move to this forum if you like).

Was not aware of the process. Thank you.:red:
    Just for clarification, this is done by Submitting a Request at https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new ?

Post edited by [email protected] on
    edited December 1969

Actually, you may want to hold off for a day or so http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26978/