Content Management Service Install Error

PorphyrogenitusPorphyrogenitus Posts: 68
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Greetings; I transferred over to a new computer, transferring programs.

On then new computer, I uninstalled DAZ (since the CMS did not transfer), and am trying to re-install.

Every time I attempt to install DAZ 4.6 I get the below error ("The installation of the DAZ content management service has encountered an error. You may need to contact customer support").

ContentManagement.jpg
674 x 401 - 75K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Are you sure CMS didn't install at all the first time? See if it shows up under installed programs, and uninstall it. You could also make sure the installer is being run as Administrator. Another option is to install DAZ3D Install Manager, which will install CMS.

• PorphyrogenitusPorphyrogenitus Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the response:

Are you sure CMS didn't install at all the first time?Yes, I'm sure.

I used the transfer programs & files program on Windows 7 to transfer programs from my old PC to my new one. Some things transferred properly, others, not so much. DAZ seems to be one of those that didn't transfer properly

See if it shows up under installed programs, and uninstall it.
    I had looked there, and it wasn't at first. However now when I try re-installs (see below), it *does* show up, however it keeps giving the same error message when I install, and it does not actually seem to have installed correctly. You could also make sure the installer is being run as Administrator. Another option is to install DAZ3D Install Manager, which will install CMS.Thanks for those tips. I hadn't tried that. I did now (several times), both uninstalling the CMS, uninstalling & reinstalling the DIM (btw, that program had transferred successfully & worked), uninstalling DAZ 4.6, reinstalling all under administrator. I still get the same error messages. Also, when I start DAZ up, most of the menu bar is gone (see image below), and nothing is functional. I assume this is because the CMS is not working.
    DAZ.jpg
    615 x 302 - 52K
    edited December 1969

That's odd -- in that screenshot there are arrowheads next to Products and Categories, which means the CMS is working.

edited December 1969

Try using Window > Layout to switch to a different layout, and see if that fixes the menubar.

edited December 1969

Thanks, that worked. I dk why it kept giving the error message.

THanks again and sorry to be so stewpid.

edited December 1969

There are no stupid questions, unless you count some of the ones I asked when I first started.

edited December 1969

Well my question-problems tend to be 1) ones that I troubleshoot for 4 hours without getting anywhere, 2) people in tech support wonder how I got that problem because they've never seen it before and 3) are ultimately solved by a click of a button only I didn't find it. :p

Thanks again for your help. ^_^