GoZ Bridge for ZBrush stopped working

So I use Daz Studio 4.6 and the current ZBrush version. Up til today I also had an old second Install of ZBrush 3 installed, cause of Interface differences and it worked perfectly. Even sent it to the newest version instead of the old one, which was exactly how I wanted it.

Today I decided to uninstall the old one and finally fully transfer to the new Zbrush.

Now I tried to transfer something from Daz to Zbrush again and it didn't work anymore.
Error message: "Unable to connect with Pixologic Zbrush, check Installation"

What installation? Daz Studio? Zbrush? GoZ?
I installed the GoZ several times, but want to stay away from installing either of the other programs if not necessary.

Any way to point the plugin to the right folder/exe again? I can just imagine that installing the old Zbrush messed something up, even though I have no clue how that is connected, since it sent everything to the new version anyway.

Comments

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

There is a setting under Preferences:GoZ in ZBrush that will make sure GoZ is pointing to the right place to find DAZ Studio. I would first start there and make sure it is pointing to DAZ Studio in the correct location. Second, if you are using Windows, go to your user account and clear the GoZ cache files. On my computer this is located at C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZProjects\Default. Just delete all of the files in that folder.

If this still does not help, you may need to uninstall GoZ yet again, but this time delete DAZStudio64 (or whatever version you have) from C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps before you reinstall. Notice the location of this folder is in the same directory as your cache file mentioned in the first paragraph, but is not the same folder. What may have happened the first couple of times that you tried is that the GoZApps folder retained some old install information. If you delete it, then reinstalling will put the correct data in there.

I have this happen often enough to know that this usually corrects the problem for me. Good luck!

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the answer, sadly it didn't help.
    Those solutions look like they repair things from the ZBrush side and my issue seems to be on the DS side.
    Guess I have to try to uninstall both programs one after another and see which one needed that

• edited December 1969

Ok, so after reinstalling first Daz Studio (didn't work) I reinstalled ZBrush and now it seems to work again. Hope it stays that way even after a restart.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I'm happy you are back up and running. I would panic without my GoZ. In future, maybe my methods will help if you get a snag again.