Poser will not discover, recognize Victoria 4 existing in libraries

shanemofojacksonshanemofojackson Posts: 43
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi,

I've been pulling my hair out here since yesterday, because no matter what, I cannot seem to get Poser to recognize the V4 character and other things related to her existing in the libraries.

I know what some of you are thinking, "he installed the V4 folders into the wrong target folder, just as they have instructed not to".

Not so my friends, I've almost memorized the instructive pages telling us TO NOT target the RUNTIME folder.

I've done just about everything possible, 10 times over, from letting the self extractors try and install my V4 stuff, to trying to do it manually with each folder, to using a regular "extract all" command, and again, trying to target the appropriate folder THAT HOLDS the RUNTIME folder, but IS NOT itself the RUNTIME folder.

I've been pulling my hair out here since yesterday, because no matter what, I cannot seem to get Poser to recognize the V4 character and other things related to her existing in the libraries.

I'm running POSER 2012

Windows 8 x 64

Any help, suggestions, instructions on how I can do this manually would be great, but again, please keep in mind any existing links I've probably already read. I need a fresh answer as to what I might be doing wrong if anyone is willing to help.

Thanks much :)

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

What is the EXACT path of your Runtime folder?

What is the Runtime path that Poser is linked to?

Just a thought but I would contact SM to see if PP2012 is even compatible with W8.

I looked myself but I cannot find the info online so contacting SM for the info is your best deal.

• shanemofojacksonshanemofojackson Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

ANSWER FOUND! ISSUE RESOLVED :)

VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION FINALLY FOUND FOR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN DEALING WITH THIS..

I forgot to mention in my initial post above, that every time I'd try and "add" the new content to the Poser library, I'd get this annoying message:

That folder doesn't seem to be a runtime folder
    Choose a new runtime folder to add

I had been to the link posted below, but somehow missed this suggestion the first time, perhaps from having a fried brain last night in fighting this all day.

If you're confident you've properly installed / extracted your Daz items the way you've been told to (see link below)

..and you get the error message noted above, your solution might be quite simple as it was for me and discovered at the another forum (link below)

Close out Poser, and RUN IT AS ADMINISTRATOR. (This can be done by right clicking on the program's desktop short cut and selecting the option to run as administrator)

Now with Poser running again (as administrator if you followed the step above) try and point Poser to the "Content" folders etc, and those containing the Daz items, and it should work and recognize it.

Hopefully this helps someone else out there.

Forum where I found my answer

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?64600-Poser-Pro-2010-not-recognising-DAZ-runtime.-Need-help.
    (About 7/8s of the page down between sitting between some videos. Apparently this was answered by someone from Smith Micro)

Page for anyone new who might not be installing their content correctly.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/installingcontentintoposer/start

According to the page above, they "self extract", but for me, they seemed to not do so, (and did not show any splash screens etc, as if these extractors were their own little programs) This required me to utilize the manual right click on the zipped file, and "extract all" option.

But the same principle applies: point it to the SAME FOLDER THAT CONTAINS THE RUNTIME FOLDER, and stop there. Do not select the RUNTIME folder itself (c: / program files / smith micro / Poser 2012 [or other] If you are not sure what in the world I'm talking about, YOU NEED TO SEE THE LINK ABOVE for installing content correctly and pay attention to the section: The Target folder is Never 'Runtime'

edited December 1969

Thanks matty, I was apparently typing my response and the solution to the problem, as you had posted yours. Thanks again though :)

edited December 1969

Above I said:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/installingcontentintoposer/start

According to the page above, they "self extract", but for me, they seemed to not do so, (and did not show any splash screens etc, as if these extractors were their own little programs) This required me to utilize the manual right click on the zipped file, and "extract all" option.

But the same principle applies: point it to the SAME FOLDER THAT CONTAINS THE RUNTIME FOLDER, and stop there. Do not select the RUNTIME folder itself (c: / program files / smith micro / Poser 2012 [or other] If you are not sure what in the world I'm talking about, YOU NEED TO SEE THE LINK ABOVE for installing content correctly and pay attention to the section: The Target folder is Never 'Runtime'

Here is yet more information on this particular issue for anyone who might find it helpful as we're now having to install these in more of a manual way :

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/21524323-Installing-IM-Zip-Content-Products-Simple-ZIP-files-

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Do not install content in the Program Files folders or the ProgramData folder.

• hello I have tried closing & opening poser pro 2014 as administrator & trying to add from the runtime location, no luck still same message "That folder doesn't seem to be a runtime folder
    Choose a new runtime folder to add"
    . I'm using windows 10. it worked for me before. what did I miss?