Luthbel's Fallen - distortion in right wing

ObscuroArcanumObscuroArcanum Posts: 135

I am having a problem with Luthbel's Fallen, when applying the poses from DM's Underworld Diaries pack to him, and I'm getting an odd distortion in his right wing (as shown in the attached image)

I thought it may have been a problem with my scene corrupting, so after my render finished, I opened a new file and dropped Fallen in and hit him with the pose, and I still got the same problem with the wing.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Or know of how to contact Luthbel so I can ask them what could be causing the problem on Fallen? My scene, that I have spent the last two days rendering out, I will just Photoshop over the distortion on his wing, but I have more images where I plan on using Fallen and would like to know what's going wrong.

I'm using Poser Pro 2012.

fallenrightwingdistort.png
879 x 650 - 535K
Post edited by ObscuroArcanum on

Comments

• ObscuroArcanumObscuroArcanum Posts: 135
    edited December 1969

Playing further with Fallen, I think I have identified the morph dials that are causing the distortion.
    Grasp
    Inflate
    ExpandContract1

If I dial these back to their 0 setting, the right wing doesn't deform.

Not sure if it helps any, for narrowing down what is wrong.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

You'll need to file a zendesk request to get this fixed.

On the main store page go to
    Help > Contact Us > Submit a Help Request > Submit

Fill out the form and choose Contact Department of Technical Support.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

^That may not do much. While Fallen by Luthbel is sold here, DM's Underworld Diaries is not and this might be deemed an issue with the pose itself rather than the character.

edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    You'll need to file a zendesk request to get this fixed.

On the main store page go to
    Help > Contact Us > Submit a Help Request > Submit

Fill out the form and choose Contact Department of Technical Support.

Have DAZ changed the way the forums are to be used? I didn't think this warranted a support ticket. Without any way to contact Luthbel (which is what Danie suggested) I thought the thread was the best chance that they might see the problem and know how to fix it.

^That may not do much. While Fallen by Luthbel is sold here, DM's Underworld Diaries is not and this might be deemed an issue with the pose itself rather than the character.

I have already contacted Danie and she assured me there was nothing wrong with the poses, and that the problem is with Fallen and I should contact Luthbel for assistance.
    But it's a fair point you made, about the ticket, and maybe it will not do much. (It really doesn't make sense that definite lines are being drawn between what DAZ support will and will not help with, when so many products overlap between here and Rendo. It just makes it frustrating when you do have a problem.)

I will submit a ticket and hope for the best.

edited August 2013

I have no idea where Luthbel dropped off to. Good luck with the support system.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

I don't suppose you know any contact details for Arien?

I have submitted my support ticket, so hopefully I will hear back from them soon, one way or the other. I have some other scenes I want to be making with Fallen, but I'm going to hold fire on them until I see if I can get this wing issue sorted out. The one image I have made, it's going to take a fair bit of work in Photoshop to get rid of it.

edited December 1969

No, I don't, sorry. I don't have those poses, but I do have Fallen. I'll check in Poser (2012 since that's what you're using) to see if I get the same issue w/ those morph dials.

edited August 2013

I'm getting it, too, and Danie is right, it's an issue with Fallen. It's happening on the Right Wing Forearm when ExpandContract1 is outside of a -3 to 5.0 range roughly.

/edit
    This issue is NOT present in Daz Studio (I tested with 4.6). It does happen with Poser Pro 2012 and 2014.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

I won't say it is great news that you're able to get the wing to do the same thing, but it certainly reassures me that it isn't just a problem with my system that no one can replicate!
    *hug* Thankyou for checking it out!

Hopefully I will hear from DAZ on my ticket soon about a solution, but I likely won't hear anything for a couple of days. The last ticket I submitted was almost a week before I heard back.

edited December 1969

Especially with it going on the weekend.

edited December 1969

Yup, and depending on how many other tickets get submitted, that might also have an impact.

If the ticket heralds any solutions, I'll post them up here, so you can try and fix your Fallen as well :)

edited December 1969

Sweet, thanks. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Please note that Tech Support tickets will often take longer to be solved than other tickets, because the fault needs to be confirmed and then tested to check if it is reproducable.

Do you get problems with the wings using any other pose sets?

edited December 1969

Yes, I still get the problem with the wing, even if I don't use any poses from the DM pose pack or the poses that came with Fallen. Turning the dials on Fallen can still replicate the problem with the wing.
    Vaskania encountered the same problem with Fallen's wings when she turned the dials.

edited December 1969

I tested it without using a pose. It happens just by using the dial on the figure. Something is distorting that part of the mesh. It's visible in wireframe also.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

OK, so that is definitely a problem that needs tech support, Any additional information that you can add to the tech support ticket will help them to narrow down what the problem is, including the fact that it happens with different pose sets. etc.

edited December 1969

I will double-check what is on my ticket and add any extra information. I am pretty sure I mentioned in the ticket that the problem occurs, even without using any poses, but I will check

edited December 1969

Sorry, I didn't mean to drop out of the thread, but when I saw the mesh distortion I was pretty certain it was a bad vert position in a morph. Which would require tech support to fix. :)

edited August 2013

adamr001 said:
    Sorry, I didn't mean to drop out of the thread, but when I saw the mesh distortion I was pretty certain it was a bad vert position in a morph. Which would require tech support to fix. :)

It isn't a problem. It looks like it is a problem with Fallen, the figure itself, so a support ticket would have needed to be created anyway, since I don't know how to get in touch with Luthbel. :)

Edit: Stumbled across the memberlist feature on the forum - no idea how I found it either! - so I will try sending them a message.

Post edited by ObscuroArcanum on
    edited December 1969

I've received a reply from my support ticket.
    The problem is the "Right Wing Index 1 Y rotation's sphere maps are read differently by newer versions of Poser than the one it was made in"

They are working on fixing the problem, and when it's fixed, Fallen will be available as a download in the DIM. :)

edited December 1969

Great! :) :)

edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up. :)

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I've seen that before myself. Glad that it's being fixed now.