Strange Daz Studio Texture Handling... FIXED

bringhobringho Posts: 239
edited September 2013 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Edited: 13-09-18: My original analyse was wrong, the incorrect handling of the subdivided figure is in preview, not while rendering, it is now corrected and will be included in an upcoming release of Daz Studio.

Is this a bug or merely a misfeature?

While creating the Corrected V4 UV for Genesis I stumbled on some strange behaviour regarding how Daz Studio handles textures. I managed to work around the problem but now I've stumbled upon something much stranger...

The only thing that changes between the pictures below is the loaded texture...

There are four images attached:

1: The preview distribution of a texture.
2: The preview distribution of another texture, this one includes the UV wireframe merged into the texture.
3: A rendering of the first texture without the merged UV wireframe.
4 A rendering of the second texture with the merged UV wireframe.

NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WAY THE BORDER BETWEEN THE WHITE AND THE PINK IS RENDERED!!!

How is this possible???

What makes the renderer change it's behaviour when the only difference between the two renderings is the loaded texture???

Also worth a note:
How come the UV distribution on the rendering of the subdivided figure created straight lines that doesn't follow the curvature though it does follow the curvature while in preview? To get predictable results one would expect the renderer handles the scene in the same way it's displayed in preview window...

Finally, anyone know how to control the

DS_Screen_French+Wire_Rendered.png
880 x 482 - 390K
DS_Screen_French_Only_Rendered.png
880 x 482 - 358K
DS_Screen_French+Wire.png
876 x 495 - 220K
DS_Screen_French_Only.png
876 x 495 - 200K
Post edited by bringho on

Comments

• bringhobringho Posts: 239
    edited August 2013

Edited: Corrected embarrassing spelling errors, to late into the night, off to sleep now...

I have found the reason for the movement of the border between the white and pink areas of my texture,:

When the png texture is partially transparent something happens either when the texture image is converted prior to rendering or when the image is rendered.

A bug report has been filed.

Another bug report has been filed regarding the failure to modify the mapping of the textures on subdivided surfaces when rendering.

Post edited by bringho on
  • CyprithCyprith Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

Actually I can't say anything about your problem but I'm curious about the wireframe texture. How do you make that?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited August 2013

Cyprith said:
    Actually I can't say anything about your problem but I'm curious about the wireframe texture. How do you make that?

I'm assuming he used the seam guides and just let that part of the UV exist on the texture.
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Cyprith said:

I'm assuming he used the seam guides and just let that part of the UV exist on the texture.

What I did was to save the UV view as a texture map.

edited December 1969

As it turns out there was a bug in the way preview handles the texture mapping of subdivided figures. Not when rendering.

The transparency anomaly I experienced, was also an effect of that bug.

It's corrected and will be included in an upcoming release of Daz Studio.