Submit post to Dashboard ??

AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hello friends, don't know if it's just me, but each time I click on submit post, I'm transferred to dashboard. Hit back button, reload, submit post, then works. Hardly ever submit a post.

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Go log into the store first, then come to the forums and it'll usually work right.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,719
    edited August 2013

Same problem. Preview Post Submit Post My Dashboard (Google search keywords)

adamr001 said:
    Go log into the store first, then come to the forums and it'll usually work right.

Huh? Don't quite follow - if you're already logged in how can you log in?

Edit: Ah! Log back out first!? Log out > Select /Shop\ tab (i.e http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases) > Log back in > Return to forum > try again ? That seemed to work (this time at least...) - Thanks

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
    edited December 1969

Still getting the same issue, even when I've logged in via the store.

But I noticed that I had several DAZ3D site pages open in tabs when it happened - could that have something to do with it?

Back > Preview Post > Submit Post seems to sometimes resolve it...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Many users see this and many don't, it comes down to time out issues from your PC through the net and all the servers to the forums. Not much can be done except the Cloud not being used as a safety front end. But DAZ is using it so not much will change until that does.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Still getting the same issue, even when I've logged in via the store.

But I noticed that I had several DAZ3D site pages open in tabs when it happened - could that have something to do with it?

Almost definitely not. We've been told the forum logon status and the store logon status are sort-of independent... sometimes. It's not unusual for me to suddenly notice I'm logged out of the store but still able to read and post in the forums. Sometimes it's the other way round. All you can really do is keep an eye on the Cart/Wishlist/Account links at the top of every DAZ page when Weird Stuff™ happens, and see if the bit in the corner says "Log Out" or "Log In".
    edited September 2013

Thanks folks!

Jaderail said:
    Many users see this and many don't, it comes down to time out issues from your PC through the net and all the servers to the forums. Not much can be done except the Cloud not being used as a safety front end. But DAZ is using it so not much will change until that does.

Thanks Jaderail, knowing there's a logical reason helps - gives an opportunity to work round it.
    I know there's a webpage loading timeout somewhere in Firefox's about:config that might help - I adjusted it once before to workaround a slow pageload...

Still getting the same issue, even when I've logged in via the store. But I noticed that I had several DAZ3D site pages open in tabs when it happened - could that have something to do with it?

Almost definitely not. We've been told the forum logon status and the store logon status are sort-of independent... sometimes. It's not unusual for me to suddenly notice I'm logged out of the store but still able to read and post in the forums. Sometimes it's the other way round. All you can really do is keep an eye on the Cart/Wishlist/Account links at the top of every DAZ page when Weird Stuff™ happens, and see if the bit in the corner says "Log Out" or "Log In".

I never use the DAZ store and always log in via the forums (except under Adam's advice earlier in this thread when I get this problem). Now, following on from Jaderail's advice I don't need to do that.
    "...sort-of independent... sometimes..." - I like that, my favourite kind of explanation! :cheese:

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on