DAZ 4.6, i can't do LOOP animation more than 3 keyframes. They pause. why?

nokoteb99nokoteb99 Posts: 931
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

i can do loops made of 2 poses A B A

But i try more and the animation makes a slight very noticeable pause at the end/beginning when it starts over.

IN DS 3 i never had this problem. I'm new to DAZ 4.6 and this is disappointing.

How can i do loops if i can't do them the way i used to?

This works
pose A frame 0
pose B frame 30
pose A frame 60
that's 3 keyframes it works fine

But this doesn't work.
pose A frame 0
pose B frame 20
pose C frame 40
pose D frame 60
pose A frame 80
What happens when i do this kind of set up is when i play it , near the end or when near the beginning, i get a pause.
And it's not just when i play it on DAZ...if i save it as an aniblock it has this problem too.

EVEN if i make an aniblock in DS 3 exactly the same way and in DS 3 it loops perfectly, but when i open the aniblock in DS 4, it has that pause at the loop when it starts playing from frame 0 again.

And i tested it by making a 5 frame aniblock in DS 4.6 and exporting FBX to Unity,. In Unity it also makes this pause at the loop.

Is this somekind of problem with the new DAZ 4.6 interpolation? I dont know what interpolation means but i think i read it's something to do with animation curves. Well if it's that, are we gonna get an update to fix this?

Comments

• nokoteb99nokoteb99 Posts: 931
    edited August 2013

Ok I have proven to myself that indeed there is something strange going on. This didn't happen to me in DAZ 3

i have 5 keyframe frame loop(wel it doesn't loop well yet cause i'm having these problems) but so yea

and i noticed something very strange ..

from frame 0 to 20

the animation suddenly goes fast from 0 to 5 and then from 5 to 20 it slows down to almost a crawl..and then it goes to the other frames.

but just looking at 0 to 20 tells me that yes, perhaps my problem is because of some new method that DAZ 4.6 implements in the animation curve.

In anycase, how can i then do looping animations?

Post edited by nokoteb99 on
  • scotchfairyscotchfairy Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

Oh boy! Just like editing animated GIFs back in the bad old days.:P

edited December 1969

What do you mean? How do i make loops? with more than 3 key frames ? do you know?

edited December 1969

I'm trying all sorts of stuff and it still doesn't loop perfectly, it makes a stutter pause when it loops over.
    I dont understand why.

well i actually kinda do.

Because the animation curve comes crawlin to a stop at frame 79(in an 80 frame animation) and then back at frame zero it starts over but from frame 0 to frame 1 it still doesn't pick up much speed if any at all.

I tried MCasuals Interpolation script to change it to LINEAR or something but it setll doesn't work

Any tips? How do i make loops for loops which have more than 3 key frames?

edited December 1969

Ok Guys I'm back and i think i got a solution.

I noticed that in my animations of multiple frames... The last and second to last Keys are almost identical for some reason. seems for some reason the inbetweening in daz really comes down to a slow near the end.

So anyways, what i figured out is that once i make my animation just make the frame before the second to last frame be the last key :)

ANd now it actual loops better!!!!!

So if i want an 80 frame , i have to actual make a 82 frame and put my last key frame at 82 but then we'll not use the last 2 frames.
    Make my last keyframe be frame 79.

Then the transition from 79 back to frame 0 actual has some change. as opposed to
    frame 80 and 81 being almost identical and then frame zero being identical to 81

edited December 1969

However guys. Now the problem is

when i create aniblock from keyframes, i only want animate to grab the keys of the desired play range( not 0 to 80 but rather 0 to 78)

How do i make that happen?

PS with my discovered method, i need to still have keyframes 80 and 79 in there.. just i dont use them...but i'm not erasing them either.
    So i dont know how to tell animate that i only want frames 0 to 78.

anyway?

edited December 1969

Well guys it seems i soved the problem :)

And also about the saving the aniblock of a 81 frame animation with the range of 0 to 78

That's actual easy, you just create aniblock from keys.. then add key in the aniblock at 78. Add 1 second to the aniblock from the last frame(80) so you can cut it.

Cut it at 78

and that's it. Save aniblock.
    Now it loops!!!!

edited December 1969

Well it's not perfect yet. That's why i'm asking if anyone knows how to make it bettter. But it seems nobody is responding to my messages

• edited December 1969

Actually the best way to control DAZ's animations is using GraphMate http://www.daz3d.com/graphmate

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

nokoteb99 said:
    Well it's not perfect yet. That's why i'm asking if anyone knows how to make it bettter. But it seems nobody is responding to my messages
    DAZ Studio and AniMate both use built in interpolation (blend poses) so the only way to get those frames out is to keyframe twice at the start and twice at the end and then cut those frames from the finished set after render. This was covered before in the Animation Forum. If this question had of been posted to that forum I'm sure other animators would have helped you solve the problem sooner. Sometimes it is better to post questions to the Forums dedicated to a subject than to the ones that cover general topics. A user will have a better chance of users that have the needed info seeing the question when posted to a dedicated forum.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

I do so agree with Jaderail about using the dedicated forums. There are forums for both Daz Studio and also Animation. So either would probably be better for you than Nuts and Bolts, which previously was "(Formerly ONLINE TECHNICAL SUPPORT)" as stated in the header blurb for the forum in the forum index. So really there to catch problems that didn't belong in the specific forums.

Post edited by Chohole on