How to create your own stuff?

Is there a way where I can create my own props or dresses to be compatible with Daz3d?

Comments

• Yes, you just need a modeller that can create UV mapped, polygonal meshes and export them as OBJ (you could even spread the owrk over several applications, as long as the end result was an OBJ with UVs). People use all sorts, from Blender to 3D Studio Max, plus helper applications like UV Mapper. Hexagon, free from the store, is a good palce to start. Then you will want to add textures (unless you use procedural materials in DS) using an image editor and/or tools like the Substance applications or Filter Forge.

• Sounds great. Thanks for the info

• HOW DO YOU MAKE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• morgankelly111 said:

HOW DO YOU MAKE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of stuff?

• Good day,  learning Daz Studio probably had a long leraning curve to it. Learning modeling, texturing, (possibly rigging or morphs) will also come with a learning curve. 

There are plenty of programs to choose from ( from free to expensive ) so look for one that has an interface you like.

Hexagon is free and has some nice modeling tools and has the special ability to work closely with Daz items for making morphs ... but it is terrible for maps and texturing. It also crashes a lot so save frequently.

Blender has come a long way as a modeling program and is free.

I personally got into 3DCoat for mapping and texturing - it costs a few hundred, but it is a permanent license rather than a yearly license which many other programs have.

There are plenty of how-to videos on youtubes for each of the programs so you can learn how or simply see how they interface.

It takes time, but once you learn how it opens up an entirely new world of things to render because there will always be items you want that do not exist in any store.