DAZ4 third party content not showing up

EvilQueeny17EvilQueeny17 Posts: 56
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

All of the freebies I've gathered over this years will not show up in my DAZ 4. I can actually see the directory for where they are. I can follow the runtime down to the folder containing the object, but the object will now show on the screen. (see image for what I mean)

Now, I know how a runtime file structure works, and I can see these items in Daz3.

I have these freebies separated by 'can use in commercial' and 'can't use in commercial" folders. I have both the DAz and Poser formats in the Content Manager pointed to those folders.

Where in those folders do I need to point the content manager? Do I need to have my runtime file structure a little different for daz4? I can see all the daz content just fine btw :)

I've scoured all the help files I can find about content management, and i have not seen anything that will help with what's happening here, unless I've just not understood something, which is very very and highly likely :D Thank you for looking.

screenshot_no_show.jpg
617 x 763 - 56K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

That's Poser format content - the Runtime folder should be dropped into your My Library or My DAZ 3D Library or whatever you use, so that it merges with the existing folder, and then you would look under Poser Formats>folder you unpacked to>Figures>BH-Dalek-2005 to find the item.

• EvilQueeny17EvilQueeny17 Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

But how do I keep these items separated by the categories I mentioned above "commercial' and 'non-commercial" ?

I don't want to just drop them in My Library without some organization. And any attempt I make at it seems not to work.

edited December 1969

Sorry, I missed that. You can have multiple folders under Poser Formats and DAZ Studio Formats - just create the folders (not inside a folder you already have listed there), then right-click on the Whatever Formats heading and select the Add Directory command. Then place the Runtime (for Poser content) or the Data, Runtime and any other folders, for DS content, in the folder you created and added to the list.

edited December 1969

hmm.. ok, how do I just create a folder under Poser Formats? I can right click Poser Formats and see the Add Directory you mention. So I tried to add the directory I wanted, then right clicked that and I can remove it again or create categories. So, I think I'm missing another step :)

lol I'm so frustrated right now. Is there a smiley for pulling your hair out :ahhh: hehehe

edited December 1969

Create a folder to install to on your disc drive, not in DS. Then use the Add directory command to add it under Poser Formats and/or DAZ Studio Formats. Then install the content in it

edited December 1969

The new folder I create needs to be in My Library, but not in any other folder in that director, correct?

edited December 1969

Ok, I finally got something I could see. I used to use a lot of subfolders to really minutely categorize my items. It doesn't like that lol

I'll have to play around with this and see what I can do

edited December 1969

EvilQueen said:
    The new folder I create needs to be in My Library, but not in any other folder in that director, correct?

No, it should not be in your My Library folder at all. If it is DS may get confused by having two potential paths to give to things in the new folder (either NewFolder\Runtime\Textures\Whatever or Runtime\Textures\Whatever) when saving scenes and presets.