Anime eyebrows! Shader problems! Now in black and white!

spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi guys. I have two questions for your expertise today - both of which I tried to research and simply got nowhere on.

The toon eyebrows that come with the subsurface toon shaders don't follow my character's eyebrows when I change emotions. I can't be having placid emotionless faces when someone is upset at someone for killing their hamster. I tried changing the parent, going into parameters, the works.

Now I can apply the Hitomi eyebrows and they do as they're told. But I can't change the Hitomi eyebrow shape or I'd be all on it.

Am I doing something wrong or is it that I shouldn't have bought the thing? :-( I also tried changing them under "actor" but.. that only changes shapes.I need some emotion going on.

I'm also trying to render, using the pwtoonshaders, a character that is wearing a black body suit. I want white highlights on this suit. I'm lucky to get a faint blue. I tried researching what the settings actually *mean* but got nothing. Can anybody help me with that? Sadness!!!

Also, for the record, I'm very tired of DAZ's trend lately of sending me into my account page when I hit "submit" on a post.

Comments

• edited December 1969

The toon eyebrows that come with the subsurface toon shaders don't follow my character's eyebrows when I change emotions.

It's their biggest flaw: they don't follow Genesis Eyebrows' morphs, but they have their own morphs. So you have to double the work: pose Genesis expression's morphs AND pose the toon eyebrows' morphs.

• spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
    edited December 1969

yeah their own morphs aren't all that morphy. I did manage to get the eyebrows to follow Genesis at least once. Instead of changing parent I had to go into scene and drag them down to the figure head. Then it worked,. But on other times that hasn't worked.