Plug-in Placement (solved)

LucynskyLucynsky Posts: 64

Where on my machine should I put my dynamic cloth plugin?

My path until it finds all the happy fun files: F:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

The Error:

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build" requires that the installed path for "DAZ Studio 4.x Public Build (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

Go Me:

I've found where to change that in DIM. *crowd.cheering*

However, as many times as I tell DIM where to go along the path, I get the same error. Ok, time to find out the path the darling is taking.

I've tried looking up the Read-Me. >.> I clicked the little "i" button, "Page Not Fount." All right. There's a number at least. 16591. Piece of cake. Go to the Read Me list. 16000... Um, nope. Not there. http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/16000_16999

Um, ok. :D Time to ask.

Post edited by Lucynsky on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

That, despite the name, is the version for the public beta and not the version for the production build.

• LucynskyLucynsky Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

Awesome! *delete*

• AdrienKAdrienK Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

O.K. I'm having the same problem installing the Dynamic Clothing Control and it not finding the path. I'm not seeing the solution having read this thread. Are you saying the version I downloaded is bad because it's a beta, and if so, how do I get a good version?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

The DIM version of Dynamic Clothing Control is only available for the DS Public Beta, not for the release version. I assume they are testing it on the beta before making it available for the general release.

• AdrienKAdrienK Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I tried downloading it outside of DIM on my account page and it still wouldn't install. Is there a way to download the released version?