Lali's bits for genesis

Is there a way I can get Lali's bits to work for my genesis model using genx? If so tell me, I cant seem to make it work.

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

No, GenX is for transferring morphs from Gen 4 figures (Gen 3 with add-on) to Genesis.

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,135
    edited December 1969

Lali's Bits consists of a genital prop plus over 200 morphs for V4.2 designed to accommodate that prop, so there would appear to be no reason why the morphs could not be transferred via GenX.

It is early days, but I have just managed to convert a few. I don't know if they can all be done, or even how well they function, but I definitely have Lali morphs working in Genesis.

There is a DAZ version and a Poser version. The DAZ version does not appear to be readable by GenX. The Poser version can be read by GenX, so you can see the morphs and transfer them but the sliders do not function at all on Genesis. This would appear to be down to the fact that the Poser files do not in any case work in DAZ, and so there is no proper interface between them and GenX.

Now the trick is to actually convert the Poser version from within Poser to a .CR2 Figure file. There are instructions for doing this in the Lali manual (page 23). You can now use this converted figure as the basis for your GenX transfers. (I have tried exporting the DAZ version from within DAZ to a .CR2 and transferring the morphs but this has the same effect as the Poser file transfers, i.e. the sliders do not work.)

1. Open GenX.
    2. Locate the converted Lali in your Content Library, and drop it into the GenX window. The morphs will now load.
    3. Right-click in the Transfer window, and set the "Show in List" options to "No Controlled Morphs" and "Empty Controllers". You will now be able to see all the Lali morphs.
    4. To transfer a morph it must be checked and its value set to 1. The precise strategy you use for transferring them is up to you. It could be a very long process!
    :coolgrin: