Daz Pro 4.6 Pro Missing mouse pointer

jofori_anumjofori_anum Posts: 0

Newbie note to self:
Just started looking Daz Studio Pro 4.6 and it's totally bugging me that the mouse pointer's just taking a walk on me and disappearing out of site whilst using my old Wacom mini tablet, forcing me to close the app and start again.

First thought it is a problem with the tablet, characters or memory or the scene and it still could be, but my main interest is how do I get the cursor back without closing Daz, otherwise in my opinion there is no point learning any more about Daz Studio.

Well it turns out there is a trick to get it back that works for now
First I needed to confidently reproduce the missing cursor

1) Load any Geneis character onto the stage, dont bother with anything else.
2) On my stylus - bottom button is setup as right click.

Right Click (bottom stylus button) and drag on the Zoom magnifier near the orbit button, and the cursor disappears.

Reproduce Getting it back

3) Now to get it back -)

The trick is to click and drag on the "Camera Reset icon near the orbit tool top right" and drag right until you are off the screen, still without letting go....When any Short Cut Menu appears move the mouse left and the cursor becomes visible do not let go until the mouse cursor appears - should be instantaneous (you may have to lift the stylus up in the air at this point for the cursor to be visible - again don't let go until the cursor re-appears).

The annoying bit is still having to "right click" around to be able to grab the Camerra Reset" icon in the first place.
Its not a perfect solution, but if I really can't afford to close the app at that point, it may be a life saver.

Tested this on Windows 7 and Mac OSX 10.6.x

Post edited by jofori_anum on

Comments

• LucynskyLucynsky Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

That's been bugging me for ages! Thanks for the work-around.