Lady Florence Hair displays as boxes and won't export or render in DAZ, please help

I purchased Lady Florence Hair few days ago but it is useless as it only displays as few boxes (please see the attached image) :o

I have tried to search for help in the forums with no luck (the search engine here sucks) and wrote to DAZ support but they only said they'll get back to me 'shortly' which was several days ago.

I haven't found any setting that could affect this either and there were no further instructions for this product so it should work as is.

I have tried that hair in Genesis 2 Female, V6 and Genesis but same results.
The hair won't export at all (OBJ, to Lightwave) and it also won't render inside DAZ.

I have had no such problems with any other hair or DAZ object before.

I am using DAZ 4.6 in Win7 Ultimate/64.
My computer has Intel i7 6-core with 32GB RAM so it cannot be caused by lack of power or RAM :)

So please you DAZ gurus out there, can you help me?

Thank you very much :)

Antti

florencehair.png
562 x 362 - 76K
Post edited by atnreg11_e7cfe12584 on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Data for it is not found. How did you install the hair?

• edited December 1969

WOW that was fast reply, thank you :o :)

Jaderail said:
    The Data for it is not found. How did you install the hair?

With Install Manager.

I thought DAZ was somehow thinking it has too many polygons or something like that so I didn't try to reinstall it.

Now I reinstalled it and now it works!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

More than Welcome, now go render.

• edited September 2013

Jaderail said:
    More than Welcome, now go render.

Yes I will, in Lightwave :)

Can I bother you a bit more?
    Can you tell what settings are most important when exporting DAZ as OBJ to get the most out of DAZ objects? I mean should I adjust some settings by object or in general in DAZ so that the mesh and materials would export as well as possible?

I am quite new to DAZ, only used it since DAZ 4.5 and Genesis, now moved to G2F.

Thank you very much again :)

Antti

Post edited by atnreg11_e7cfe12584 on