SOLVED: Problem,skin showing up in render, even though I've hidden the body part and selected do not

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,605

I'm having an increasing problem with skin poke through in 4.6. For example, under a bodysuit autofitted to gen 6 female, I have hidden all bodyparts not visible in the render, then gone through and clicked that the limb should not render, and not cast shadows and yet the skin pokes through even though it is entirely hidden.

I finally have to go through and color the limbs black to get around the issue.

is there something I'm doing wrong here? I never had this much trouble hiding bodyparts before under armored suits. I Just want to hide the skin, on the limbs so the cracks look black. It used to be just clicking the eye was sufficient to do this, but even clicking the eye and taking the further step of selecting the part should not be visible in the render seems to not be doing it for me.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

This is just default v6 with everything below the neck selected not to be visible or render, and you can see the cracks where her skin shows through if you enlarge.

I have also had this issue using M5 when I tried to autofit a cyber arm from here: http://www.daz3d.com/cyberpunk-for-m4 even though I had hidden the arm underneath the cybernetic appendage skin still showed through. This is a character I use often, and never had problems before upgrading to 4.6 In that case though, selecting that the skin of the arm did not render, worked.

Thread title edited slightly, to avoid breaking the forum formatting

skin-1.jpg
970 x 970 - 143K
Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That is a new one on me. It sort of looks like parts of the body mesh has been added to the item mesh. Could be caused by the collision of the two items I'm thinking. But that is just a guess on my part. If the item uses collision try setting it to OFF and even turn interations or what ever they are called to 0. I'm only guessing at this but maybe it will work. Then again it could be a big waste of time.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,605
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    That is a new one on me. It sort of looks like parts of the body mesh has been added to the item mesh. Could be caused by the collision of the two items I'm thinking. But that is just a guess on my part. If the item uses collision try setting it to OFF and even turn interations or what ever they are called to 0. I'm only guessing at this but maybe it will work. Then again it could be a big waste of time.

Yeah Jaderail! Turning off Collisions fixed it! YOU ARE AWESOME! Thank you!

Thanks. Collision was set to 1 by default. I just turned it to zero, and no more pink skin. You saved me a lot of time! THANKS

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Just had this same problem myself today with the Evening Gown on V6. Glad to see a solution without having to start a thread myself. Thanks Jaderail!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, what do you know. I hit that one in the Dark. I'll add it to my tips list. Glad it helped.