Long Items Sticking to V6

NathanomirNathanomir Posts: 125

I'm running into a problem using long items on Victoria 6. The items in question are Mitsu Hair for Genesis and the Morphing Cloak for Genesis.

They both work great on V5, as well, if not better, than they did on V4.2. But on V6, they tend to stick to the various body parts. The result is that the awesome movement morphs don't move well. Mitsu hair tends to cling to V6's neck and shoulders instead of flowing around her body. The cloak is the worst of all. The hem sticks to her thighs and butt and no movement morph that I've found will free it. My main recurring character uses both Mitsu Hair and the Morphing Cloak so it has been rather frustrating.

I also run into the same issue with long dresses, such as the Dragon Queen for Genesis, when I apply them to V6. Pants, shirts, and shoes are no issue at all. It's only the long items that are giving me fits.

I may be doing something wrong with the Fit To feature.

Has anyone encountered this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

I can post a screen cap of the issue if I'm confusing you.

Thankies!

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,605
    edited December 1969

I'm running into a problem using long items on Victoria 6. The items in question are Mitsu Hair for Genesis and the Morphing Cloak for Genesis.

They both work great on V5, as well, if not better, than they did on V4.2. But on V6, they tend to stick to the various body parts. The result is that the awesome movement morphs don't move well. Mitsu hair tends to cling to V6's neck and shoulders instead of flowing around her body. The cloak is the worst of all. The hem sticks to her thighs and butt and no movement morph that I've found will free it. My main recurring character uses both Mitsu Hair and the Morphing Cloak so it has been rather frustrating.

I also run into the same issue with long dresses, such as the Dragon Queen for Genesis, when I apply them to V6. Pants, shirts, and shoes are no issue at all. It's only the long items that are giving me fits.

I may be doing something wrong with the Fit To feature.

Has anyone encountered this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

I can post a screen cap of the issue if I'm confusing you.

Thankies!

I've had the same issue with certain hairs. The only way I got around it with the hair was to manually place it on the head, and then parent, and not use the autofit which seems to sometimes mess up the hair.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has other solutions. =-)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

It's most likely a case of the Autofit process grabbing morphs from the figure when it shouldn't — it's a pretty frequent problem with hair, especially if the figure uses head morphs for odd shapes like pointy ears. It is possible to track down all these morphs and zero them out, but a quick fix would be to use parenting instead of fitting-to. This doesn't trigger the autofit.