Genesis clothing fit

chexmixchexmix Posts: 0

First, I sooooo apologize for what will most likely be a really stupid question. I swear I searched for an answer before posting, but only found others that had the same issue that appeared to go unresolved.

I recently "returned to Poser" (1 year off, left using Poser 8). Upon my return, I found this really cool concept on Daz, Genesis. Even better, it appeared as though the gap between different sizes of models and clothing fit had been closed, and that (with Genesis), clothing fitting was sort of "automagically" accomplished.

I picked up Poser Pro 2014 and have purchased the young teen 5 bundle (which, as I understand it, is based on Genesis.). In the overview for YT5, I see very conforming clothing, fitting like a glove. ( a major headache when I left Poser a year ago).

Upon loading YT Julie, and then loading the basic Genesis female underwear, I see a great fit in the back, and very poor fit in the front. Running the DSON transfer active morphs, I see no difference.

So now (finally) the question. Am I missing something in my quest for (close to) perfect fitting clothing? Is there an advantage to clothing fit for Genesis, or is the perfect fit still an endless set of minor translate, scale and tweak to get "close to" the perfect fit? Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio has the Smoothing Modifier, which smooths the mesh and fixes at least minor poke-through. Unfortunately supporting that in the DSON Importer was not practical - even used in DS it can be a performance drag and may need to be switched off during scene creation. I don't know if that's the whole, or indeed any, of the issue you are seeing - it may be worth grabbing the free DAZ Studio, pointing it to the directories you installed the content to, and seeing if it does better - that would at least be a point of information. You could also post an image of what you are getting (with the figure made grey if the fit is really bad, to stay within the TOS) so that we can compare with what DS does.

• chexmixchexmix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the suggestion, shortly after my post I started to do very that. Will post outcomes. Thanks again!