Needing advice on Creating & Saving Poses for Genesis (Gen 1) in DS4.6 Pro

Turk_WLFTurk_WLF Posts: 177

I’m trying to use a vehicle that I got for Poser 5/7 (It still works just fine in DS4.6 Pro), I would like to make some poses for Genesis that will work with the vehicle & in Carrara 8.5 Pro (my preferred rendering engine). However I’m clueless on a few finer points on using DS4.6…

1) Is there a way to get the Widget to stay or center on the character because with I tried using a premade pose as a starting point the Widget was in the vehicle’s trunk instead of anywhere near the Character.

2) I think there is a way just to zoom in on the hands so you can work on posing of the fingers but I forgot how to do that.

3) The biggest problem that have is I’m not sure how save a pose in DS.

Thanks,

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

1) the hip control should always stay with the hip, but if (as you should) you position the figure with the hip the root origin will stay at the world origin. It's good practice to do this as it leaves the root origin for positioning the figure in the scene.

2) ctrl(Win)/cmd(Mac)-f will frame the selected node(s).

3) File>Save as>Pose preset.

• Turk_WLFTurk_WLF Posts: 177
    edited December 1969

1) the hip control should always stay with the hip, but if (as you should) you position the figure with the hip the root origin will stay at the world origin. It's good practice to do this as it leaves the root origin for positioning the figure in the scene.

Richard,
    I'm still a little confused on question 1 should the Widget (Green Arrow) be a little closer to the Blue Arrow’s location? All I did was loaded Mike 5, the Truck & the pose (Step Van Delivery Driver) & it looks like this…

Thanks

Widget.jpg
    1702 x 1070 - 317K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

As I said, if the hip bone is used to move the figure then the root locator, the one that shows when the figure itself is seelcted, will not move -and that's geenrally the way it should be. Try selecting the figure's hip.