How to install Dynamic Clothing Control on Mac 10.8

davejasdavejas Posts: 0

I have a new iMac 64 bit (10.8.4) I just downloaded the newest version of Daz Studio and the Dynamic Clothing Control plugin.

http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-clothing-control

I've been having a TERRIBLE time getting the plugin to install and finally got it to work so I wanted to share my steps to hopefully
save someone else from going through the same pain and frustration!

First of all, just installing the plugin either manually or with the Daz installer will not work, at least it did not for me.
Here is what finally did work...

1) Go to your Daz account page and Click the blue link that says "Download", don't click the green link that says (Download and Install!!

2) There should now be 4 choices, 2 for Mac and 2 for Windows. Choose the correct file, in my case, "Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Mac 64-bit)"

3) Download the file with the blue download button

4) Find the download in your downloads folder and right click on it (Do not click to open it! It will attempt to install and it will not work)

5) After you right-click, choose "Show Package Contents"

6) Under Docs/Plugins you need a file called DynamicClothingControl.dsx, grab it and drag it to your desktop

7) Under plugins you need two files: libdzautoriggercontrol.dylib & libzoptitexclothcontrol.dylib, drag them both to your desktop

8) Open your Application/DAZ3D folder and drag these items to the same folders :

- DynamicClothingControl.dsx gets placed inside "Docs/Plugins"
- libdzautoriggercontrol.dylib & libzoptitexclothcontrol.dylib get placed inside "plugins"

9) VERY IMPORTANT! You MUST make sure to delete "libdzautoriggerbasic.dylib" & "libdzoptitexclothbasic" from your plugins folder or the new plugin will not be recognized and will default to the basic version.

I really hope this gets addressed soon, it is very frustrating to pay for a product and then lose time trying to troubleshoot why it will not install correctly.

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,870
    edited December 1969

The problem you are having is because you have "Safari Open safe files" enabled and Safari is so stupid that it does not only unzip the container but also unzips the installer payload.

Uncheck that evil checkbox in Safari and you will be much happier, always and forever!

• davejasdavejas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks! I was not aware of that