Loretta rigging to export to iClone

Eric LagelEric Lagel Posts: 65

Hey, this might be a niche question, but I hope that someone here can help.

My goal is to create a movie in iClone, using mostly DAZ assets because they look great.

I am using the Loretta character (http://www.daz3d.com/loretta-lorez) because I need low-poly crowd. However when I export it to FBX format so that it can be imported into iClone using 3DXchange, it appears to consider that the clothes of Loretta have skeletons on their own.

If I import a regular Genesis character, all clothes are actually considered as static objects (with the wireframe sphere next to them and the .shape suffix).

This means that when converting Loretta to a non-standard iClone character, I can only map the bones of the main body character, but not the bones of the clothes. As a result, the character animation only animates the body, but the clothes remain static.

Is there a way to convert clothes to a static object that is attached to the main character? I don't know if this must be done within DAZ before export, or within 3DXchange after importing the FBX character...

Thanks for any tip or help.

Michael.PNG
949 x 867 - 139K
Loretta.PNG
983 x 864 - 213K

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,060
    edited December 1969

I do not have this figure but
    A) are the clothes conformed?
    B) have you ticked the option in FBX export to weld skeletons?

• Eric LagelEric Lagel Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

A) I don't think the clothes are conformed... but I am not sure exactly how to verify that. The clothes are applies to the figure with a .cr2, so I have no idea how it is done.

B) Yes I have. It works wonders with regular Genesis figure. The Loretta figure has a different skeleton, so there are a lot of differences in how the export probably works.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,060
    edited December 1969

conformed means the figure is wearing the clothes in otherwords fit to the figure not just in the scene.
    Go to parameters misc and see "fit to", if it says "none" it has not been conformed.
    Click in the box that sats none and choose your figure "Loretta" presumably from the choices.
    Do this for each article of clothing.

• Eric LagelEric Lagel Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

YES! That seems to have worked. Indeed the clothes were not conformed, and doing what you advised solved the problem. Many thanks!!