How do you install Optitex clothing on a Mac?

davejasdavejas Posts: 0

I've been looking at the Optitex clothes on this site:
http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload01.php
There are installation instructions but they are for Windows, not Mac.
It involves pasting the path to extract the zip file into. The folder structure is not the same and I'm not sure that Mac has that option.

Has anyone installed the freebies or paid products from this site using a Mac?
I'm aware they have items for sale here in the Daz3D site but there are many additional items on the Optitex site that I an interested in using.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I don't have a mac so I am just going by what I think I remember. I think you need to unzip into a temp folder and then move the contents into your proper DAZ Studio folder structure. I don't recall which files those start with, but if it is contents and your using the newest folder location then they will go in public/MY DAZ 3D Library.

• davejasdavejas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Right, I've found the My DAZ 3D library, it is just that there are so many files spread throughout the optitex file structure which do not exactly correspond with what is in "My DAZ 3D" library

edited December 1969

For some reason I can't find my zips for those things. Can you tell me what files you have in them so I help you move them to the correct locations?

• davejasdavejas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sure, screenshot attached

Screen_Shot_2013-09-19_at_1.02_.24_AM_.png
    1253 x 1268 - 350K
    edited December 1969

Ok.. Your going to drop the data file directly into which ever library you use. If you have the pre dim set up that will be "my library" and if you have the post DIM set up it will be "My DAZ 3D Library". Your going to do the same thing with the people file actually. When you looking studio you should find the new files in people/v4/sportshort and just below that will be the folder with the materials in it. The Runtime will also just drop into that top folder. The runtime contains the textures for the short but unless you want to make changes to the base texture maps you won't ever need to look at them. DATA is information like geometry that daz uses but that you won't ever have to deal with yourself.

So to recap you drop the contents of the content folder into the main(top) folder of your studio library. Those are the data, people, and runtime files.

If it gets a hairball let me know and I will help you sort through it.