Opacity Maps Not Showing in 3Delight Renders for Some Objects

Hey all,

I've run into a curious problem with opacity maps in Daz Studio. For some reason some objects don't seem to accept them, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar. On these problem objects the opacity maps appear fine in the work viewport area, but once rendered with 3Delight it is like there is no opacity map applied at all (they just appear solid, or at whatever % transparency the slider is set to). I find this especially strange because I'm noticing some objects that have opacity maps by default are having this problem.

I've tested this in Daz Studio 4.5 and 4.6 (both 64 bit) and the same objects are having the issue. Any advice would be appreciated!

EDIT: I should also mention that I've tried changing the applied material/shader on these objects and the problem still persists.

Post edited by joeshelton0001_f3a8ae879b on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Are these store (or freebie) products you can give a link to, or things you've set up yourself? If they are your own settings, could you post screen shots of the settings.

One thing - do they have refraction applied? If so, and if the ray trace bounces are too low in Render Settings, DS might quit evaluating while still in the object (but then that should affect all opacity, not just the map - if you are getting some variation and just losing the map's contribution I doubt that's it).

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the response!

Earlier today I thought of something and I just got home to check it out... it turns out it was the *textures* that were the problem. I opened them up in Photoshop and they were encoded as CMYK instead of RGB. Changing them to RGB solved the problem.

I'm not quite sure why multiple people have packaged textured encoded as CMYK if it causes an issue though (not products from the Daz store). Could this be a change in one of the more recent Daz versions?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Perhaps, there have been changes to the version of 3Delight included with DAZ Studio. It may be worth making a bug report - if nothing else, DS could give a warning when asked to load a CMYK image (assuming it's not a temporary issue with 3Delight that will be fixed in a later build).