What's the procedure for creating hair fits for certain figures?

Anim8dtoonAnim8dtoon Posts: 61

Hi all,

I'm wanting to create hair fits for HiveWire3d's Dawn character and I can't remember what the procedure is for manually creating hair fits. I did this before when I had Poser 7, but that was long ago and I'm now using Poser Pro 2012. Many thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Translation, scaling, and rotation. Then save as a pose preset.

• Anim8dtoonAnim8dtoon Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Translation, scaling, and rotation. Then save as a pose preset.

Vaskania, I'm a tad bit confused by what you mean "save as a pose preset"... could you explain a little further? I understand what you said prior to that. I don't remember saving the hair fits in that fashion when I was using P7, so please forgive me :)

edited September 2013

Once you get the fitting, select the Pose section in the library and choose a folder. Now click the Add to Library button (at the bottom, looks like a + sign). Name the fit and hit Select Subset. Uncheck everything except the hair and hit ok, and ok again on the naming window. Leave Body Transformations and the other option unchecked and hit ok. Leave the next window on Single Frame and hit ok again. You should now have a preset in the folder with the name you chose (you may have to refresh the folder to see it).

You may want to render out a better thumbnail and name it NameOfFit.png

/edit
    Make sure you have external binary morphs off in Posers general preferences (I don't remember if these get saved with fits, but just in case). PMD files are useless in Daz Studio if you plan on distributing the fits.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania, thank you so much for the clarification! That's my next Poser Pro project... I am flat broke and can't buy any Dawn-specific hair figures at this time, so. I can't even buy the Mil Horse 2 Pro bundle in Fast Grab. Waaaaah! But thanks so much all the same!

edited September 2013

Dawn doesn't really have a whole lot of her own hair yet anyways. She has 2 at Hivewire (that I can think of), and a handful at Rendo and RDNA and even most of those are hair fits that require the original product.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

I found that your suggestions didn't work for me. What DID work for me was saving the hair, after fitting it to Dawn's head, as a figure to a separate folder within the Character library, if was a figure. Same thing for prop hair. I remember now that's how I did it when I had Poser 7 :)