Girl 6 Pokerface issue

MouserMouser Posts: 675

Hi I'm having issues trying to figure out how to use the Girl 6 Pokerface expressions.

I'm using Poser 2012 Pro and the DSON converter, the People & Runtime content have been extracted to the usual places.
Unfortunetly I have no idea how to apply the Pokerface expressions in poser as there are no poser expression files listed, only the ones in the people directory.
There is in the Poser runtime directory 'support' containing a PNG, a DSA and a DSX file (?), everything else is in the People directory.
The default location for the runtime and people directories is
'D:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content'.

I loaded Girl 6 and checked both the Body/face and face dials to see if the expressions where loaded by default with the base figure, they're not,

Can someone advise what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks
DJM

Comments

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 988
    edited December 1969

I honestly have no idea. I'm not a Poser user so I can't test this for myself. Sorry. :/

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

Although the product page states there is 1 Poser Core installer, there is only a Daz Studio installer in the form of expression presets in .duf file format. You have 4 options:

1. If you have Daz Studio installed, go to People>Genesis 2 Female>Poses>Sans.Pokerface. Go to the Active Pane options menu and select Create Poser Companion Files. Click Accept. Poser Companion files will be created in the default directory Runtime>Pose>DSON Conversions.

2. Use Dimension3D DSON loader script and load the expression directly from the DAZ Content Library mentioned above. The only glitch I found is after you apply the pose, Girl 6 turns back into the default Genesis 2 Female in the Poser view port, but when you render, it renders as Girl 6 with the applied expression. Real strange, but it works without having to generate any Poser Companion Files.

3. File a DAZ Problem report and ask for the Poser files as indicated on the Product Page.

4. Last resort, asked for a refund if the other three options don't work out for you.

Item 1 is pretty straight forward and it's pretty simple to do. You just need to have Daz Studio 4.5+ installed. Below is a picture with my own created Poser Companion Files with a pose applied. Girl 6 looks bad since she doesn't have optimized Poser materials applied.

ScreenShot001.jpg
    1178 x 972 - 106K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Lindsey. As i'm not a Poser user anymore I of course never acquainted myself with the DSON tools. I was actually quite surprised when I saw that the Daz testers had made a "poser core" installer as I had no idea if these were compatible with Poser or not.

When I get the time i'll see if I can submit an update with DSON compatible files. I assume they should go in the same folder as the .duf files?

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

Thanks Lindsey. As i'm not a Poser user anymore I of course never acquainted myself with the DSON tools. I was actually quite surprised when I saw that the Daz testers had made a "poser core" installer as I had no idea if these were compatible with Poser or not.

When I get the time i'll see if I can submit an update with DSON compatible files. I assume they should go in the same folder as the .duf files?

If I see "Poser Core Installer", I would expect .pz2 pose files. I'm sure it was a mistake to state there is a Poser Core Installer, since this is a Genesis product. At best, I would only expect to see in the software compatibility section: DSON Importer for Poser and that there is a Poser Companion File installer.

The Poser Companion files would normally reside in one of the Poser Runtime Libraries.

edited September 2013

Good news everyone! I told a couple of the Daz staff about this and it's being updated with Poser Companion Files as we speak. :D The files should show up in about 15 to 20 minutes, so be sure to give it another try then.

EDIT: I've been told that the Poser Companion Files should be up right now. The store page has also been updated to reflect this. Have fun! :D

Post edited by TheNathanParable on
  • MouserMouser Posts: 675
    edited December 1969

The companion file is a relief, I realy didn't know what was wrong (I always error towards myself having done something stupid).

Thanks everyone for the assist!

edited December 1969

Good to know everything's alright now, I look forward to seeing renders from you guys. :D