Help Please...Genesis Morph Bundle

leo04leo04 Posts: 325

I recently had to reload my Daz 3D Studio 4.6 and all my purchased contents, including the Genesis Morph Bundle.

I used the default settings for everything.

Prior to the download I had tons of parameters loaded for my Genesis characters. Now I cannot seem to get them reloaded onto my characters.

Can anyone help me here? I could use a little advise. I was able to modify facial features and now nothing, damn near less than nothing but the very basic stuff and that is just way to limited.

I am also at a loss to understand the Add Levels of Detail it always fails.

Thanks for any help.

B.

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

leo said:

Did you use the new DIM installer program, and its default settings? One thing that sometimes escapes notice is that the DIM installs content by default to one location, and DAZ|Studio looks for content by default in another location — the two programs don't talk to each other. Also, a straightforward uninstall/re-install of D|S does not overwrite the previous installation's settings — did you use default content locations last time as well? If you didn't, D|S might not be looking for content where you think it is.
  • leo04leo04 Posts: 325
    edited December 1969

leo said:

Did you use the new DIM installer program, and its default settings? One thing that sometimes escapes notice is that the DIM installs content by default to one location, and DAZ|Studio looks for content by default in another location — the two programs don't talk to each other. Also, a straightforward uninstall/re-install of D|S does not overwrite the previous installation's settings — did you use default content locations last time as well? If you didn't, D|S might not be looking for content where you think it is.

Went thru the Registry and removed all DAZ references and reinstalled by the default. but did not use the Install Manager to start with when I installed DAZ 4.6.

Am doing this again only this time using the Install Manager to do everything including the download of DAZ 4.6.

I did add the path to the Content Manager but still did not get it. I am starting over again.

Will see what happens next...

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

leo said:
    Went thru the Registry and removed all DAZ references and reinstalled by the default.
    That isn't everything — there's a hidden folder somewhere (exactly where depends on which OS you use) that stores other settings files.
    I did add the path to the Content Manager but still did not get it. I am starting over again.

Hmm, that should have worked. Can you take screenshots of your D|S Content Directory Manager with both D|S and Poser format sections opened, and the DIM content installation settings (not the download storage or program installation settings, they're different), and post them here?
    edited December 1969

leo said:
    Went thru the Registry and removed all DAZ references and reinstalled by the default.
    That isn't everything — there's a hidden folder somewhere (exactly where depends on which OS you use) that stores other settings files.

Hmm, that should have worked. Can you take screenshots of your D|S Content Directory Manager with both D|S and Poser format sections opened, and the DIM content installation settings (not the download storage or program installation settings, they're different), and post them here?

Can you tell me what that is where to find it?

Why is this so damn hard is there no actual support beyond the forums? I mean I would be willing to pay for help if that is what it takes. And what about a user Manual?

Whew!

Thanks.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

edited December 1969

1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

Thanks. I did this and looked at things and I found that my Directories for my content aren't listed.

I added these folders and low and behold I can now see my stuff, well most of it anyway.

Thanks to everyone for your help I appreciate it very much and though I think finding out how to use the software should be easier and the support tedious I do see that eventually, if you ask enough questions, learning all the way which to ask and what to ask, you can get to a place where there is a solution to your problem.

Again, I appreciate all the help here in the forums and will continue to tap the brains of you wonderful people.

Thanks.