CMS Keeps Shutting Itself Off

MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

I suddenly had an issue where all my setup categories disappeared and found the solution here on the forums - just manually turn the CMS on and they reappeared. Ta Da!

The problem though is that it does not STAY on. If I exit DS and then go back in all my categories are once again missing. Every time I want to use DS now, I have to manually start the CMS before opening studio and when I exit studio the CMS shuts off again (so if I exit studio and then immediately re-launch it my categories are missing).

I recently reinstalled Carrara and Bryce - could that have affected it? Is there a way to set the CMS so it is always on again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

CMS should stay loaded from when you first boot up your system.

The only cure that I know of, is to uninstall CMS from the Start menu, then reinstall DAZ Studio to get the latest version of CMS, that should fix it.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited September 2013

Thanks JimmC - that seems to have fixed the problem.

Of course now I have to find the last backup I made of my database and then re-categorize the 100 or so items I've bought since that backup but somehow that seems less annoying than having to constantly remember to restart the CMS. If my brain were actually functional I would have backed it up before uninstalling the CMS but some days I'm just not that smart.

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The good news is that uninstalling CMS should not affect the database at all.

Have a look at your Categories first before you do anything, the database is not removed, so it should still be intact.