Duplicate IDs

anikadanikad Posts: 1,919

It seems like everytime I open something in DS I get a duplicate ID error. The latest example is the Genesis mouse. Does anyone know what might be causing this? If I uninstall DS will it go away?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Duplicate IDs or Duplicate Formulas? Either way, it's a data issue so uninstalling and reinstalling would do nothing.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Duplicate IDs. When I check the log file there is nothing, the last thing that was written to the log was a week ago.

dup.JPG
    512 x 185 - 27K
    edited December 1969

Is the preset in .duf or .dsf format? Which version of DS?

edited December 1969

Duf files currently. I haven't loaded any dsf recently. I have DS 4.6018.

edited September 2013

OK, I'm surprised DS allowed the files to be saved with that issue but I think you need to open a support ticket/bug report - my script for fixing duplicate IDS would not help.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I'm going to try uninstalling and resetting the database first.

edited December 1969

Ok, seem to have solved the issue. I finally got the error appearing the in the log file.

Duplicate id "FawneEars" found in file "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/Silver/Fawne/FawneEars.dsf"

The problem was Silver's Fawne product which I bought over on rendo. Everytime Genesis loaded, this error appeared which was very annoying. Searching the forums I found instructions on how to deal with the same error on another one of their products: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/740/P105

cwichura said:
    Edit the Gwenyth.dsf file. At the very end of the file, change the "id" from "Gwenyth" to "Gwenyth_0".
    I edited the FawneEars.dsf in notepad. Error gone. Yay!

Why this couldn't have shown up before I put in a support ticket I don't know.