Generation X Not transferring all M4 ++ morphs

pyropetepyropete Posts: 0

To try out Generation X, I thought I’d use “the man in the mirror” morph set.

When I did, some worked & others were highly distorted. To find out what FBM’s worked & which did not.
I found that the “BeerBelly” did NOT work.
So I expanded the BODY tab & found it was missing from the list of morphs (yes I had dragged the M4++ morphs in first)
Evan dragging the single BeerBelly morph didn’t add it to the list.

An ideas on how to get around this?

Comments

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,135
    edited December 1969

If you right-click in the Transfer window you will get a pop-up menu which has a sub-menu called "Show in list". Here you can choose to display different categories of morphs. Check on some of these and you might see what you're looking for.

• pyropetepyropete Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info, but it still dosn't show "Beer Belly" & i've noticed "Thin" is also missing.
    below are some comparisons of beer belly, thin & man in the mirror 04

faulty_02.jpg
    1337 x 2000 - 268K
    edited December 1969

I don't have 'Man in the Mirror', but BeerBelly and Thin are part of Michael 4 Morphs++. I transferred them like this:

a) Select Michael 4 from the 'Recent' menu;

b) Click on the 'Select' button and 'Set All Values to Zero';

c) Right-click in the Transfer Window and from the 'Show in list' menu check 'No Controlled Morphs' and 'Hidden Morphs/Controllers';

d) Drag-and-drop the morph you want to transfer from your Content Library into the GenX Transfer Window;

e) Expand the 'BODY' list - you should see the morph listed there. It will have a check in the Type column. Now click on the check box to the left in the Morph column;

f) Select the 'Selected Morphs' option (the one without brackets after it), and make sure 'Michael 4' is the selected figure in the list below that;

g) Click on the 'Transfer' button - the morph will now be transferred.

h) Close DAZ;

i) Open DAZ;

j) Load Genesis;

k) The morph you transferred should be under Actor > Generation X > Morphs|Shapes > Morphs++ > Full Body.

That is the basic transfer method with no frills or customization. It should demonstrate at the very least that the transfer can be done. Good luck. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Maybe I’m just not wording this correctly.
    I’m not talking about morphs being ticked or not. It’s the actual morphs “Beer Belly” & “Thin” that are not on the list of morphs hence they can’t be ticked or not ticked when there’s no morph there.

As shown in the previous pictures, I created a pose file with just the “beer Belly” morph.
    I then created another pose file with the “Thin” morph selected.

Then in DS GenX I selected Michael 4 from the recent list, dragged in the ++ morphs, then the Beer Belly pose file, clicked on transfer, filled in the dialogs to save the file. Quit DS. Restarted DS, went to the shaping tab, found the new “
    Beer Belly” morph, set it to 1 & nothing happened. See the results in the top 2 pictures (from my previous post)

I then repeated the above but with the “thin” morph, & again it did nothing. See the middle 2 pictures.

Every Head I’ve done & every body (if they don’t include those morphs) work fine for both Michel 3 & Michael 4

I have included several screen dumps to show that “beer belly” & “thin” are not there.

(i did also try your method, but neither of the morphs appeared)

fault_gen_x_list.jpg
    1094 x 1500 - 304K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

The pose file you're creating won't contain the actual morph, just a strength preset for the dial. Give me a minute to reinstall GenX and I'll see if it's happening for me, too.

/edit
    I see the morph in the list just fine. I dragged over M4, then his Morphs++ injection. BeerBelly is under the BODY heading Right Click > All > Transfer:OFF so you don't get anything you don't want by mistake. Double click the "0" in the Value column and change it to a 1 as GenX will only transfer non-zero values. Take a look at my screens for my settings. BeerBelly works just fine for me.

GenX_BeerBelly4.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 549K
    GenX_BeerBelly3.jpg
    941 x 944 - 88K
    GenX_BeerBelly2.jpg
    416 x 354 - 86K
    GenX_BeerBelly.jpg
    941 x 944 - 289K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Well, it looks like you're going to have to uninstall and reinstall the Michael 4 Morphs++. If you've got DIM it should take you all of 10 seconds.

edited December 1969

At last, it's working, re-installing fixed the problem.

Thanks to all for the help