Install Manager not booting?

Hey there, I'm trying to start up the Install Manager, but for some reason, it just does not run.
Anything related to the program at all; the installer and uninstaller refuse to start as well.
DAZ Studio on the other hand, works completely fine.

I've tried fussing around with the compatibility settings, but to no avail.
The program does load into memory, it seems, but it takes up a very large chunk of my CPU?
http://i.imgur.com/lcQNKFW.png

Any help at all would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What OS are you running, and what RAM is available to you?

I am running DIM, and it takes up over 22 MB, it looks like yours has not completely loaded. If you cannot get anything to run, uninstallers or installers, then I would suggest redownloading the app, and trying to install the latest version.

Did it ever run properly for you?

• secretagentchrissecretagentchris Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What OS are you running, and what RAM is available to you?

I am running DIM, and it takes up over 22 MB, it looks like yours has not completely loaded. If you cannot get anything to run, uninstallers or installers, then I would suggest redownloading the app, and trying to install the latest version.

Did it ever run properly for you?

Windows 8, and 16GB of RAM (probably a bit much, haha.)

That's what I mean by installers; I tried re downloading it, but even that installer does not start up for some reason.

They've worked before on this computer, so I'm not sure what went wrong.

edited December 1969

Check the file size of the download to see if you got the complete file. It sounds like it may have been a corrupted download.

My DIM EXE installer is about 26.4 MB, if your is much smaller, then you should try downloading it again. Clear your browser cache first, or you may just get the same thing over again.

edited December 1969

Check the file size of the download to see if you got the complete file. It sounds like it may have been a corrupted download.

My DIM EXE installer is about 26.4 MB, if your is much smaller, then you should try downloading it again. Clear your browser cache first, or you may just get the same thing over again.

That's strange. The installer I downloaded was 51.7 MB.
    Where did you download yours from?
    edited December 1969

Ah, the most recent one that I downloaded was in May, 2013, and it is 51.6 MB (54,185,189). It was the previous version that I downloaded in Feb, 2013 that was 26.4 MB, it turned up first in my search.

The latest version that I have in my downloads folder is DAZ3DIM_1.0.1.58_Win32.exe, but it ws updated after that, I have upgraded DIM twice since then, but through the DIM updater itself.

Your installer seems to be correct, but I have no idea why it is not working. Have you tried downloading again, just in case it is corrupted?

edited December 1969

Yeah, I re downloaded it twice.

edited December 1969

Alright, from the looks of it it was a problem that was affecting several other applications on my computer, and disabling some of the startup programs seems to have fixed it for now?
    In any case it doesn't look like it is directly related to the install manager, as far as I know.