Daz stopped searching

J.Love CreationsJ.Love Creations Posts: 47

OK I have a ton of stuff in the Daz folder I use so when I'm looking for something I usually just type a portion of the name in and search for it. Today my Daz will not search for any files, no orange line that shows it thinking or anything just blank. All my files are still available if I go through them one by one in my daz content inventory. Everything loads and works but no searching available. I have been considering reinstalling but thought I might ask here first. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Sounds like the CMS has stopped. On Windows, close DS, go to Start > Programs > DAZ 3D > DAZ Content Management Service > Start DAZ Content Management Service, then restart DS and see if it's working again.

• J.Love CreationsJ.Love Creations Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Back up and working fine. Thank you so much for your help.:cheese:

edited December 1969

Alright was only a temp fix. If I shut the PC down altogether and restart everything works fine until I start building a scene. Once I begin placing items I lose the ability to search directory. I attempted to restart content mngr and then restart Daz but this did not work. A complete shutdown of the PC is the only way to regain the ability to search again at this point. Any ideas?

edited December 1969

1) If you have made custom categories and haven't exported user data recently, do that first.
    2) Close DS and uninstall CMS.
    3) Reinstall CMS by running the installer in C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\cms (if you have DIM installed) or by reinstalling DS. That will give you the latest CMS, which will reduce the chances of the problem recurring.

If that doesn't solve the problem:

4) Search for the file ContentDB.ind -- if you let CMS install to the default locations it will probably be in Program Files (x86) or ProgramData. I would search your entire hard drive with "Hidden and System Files" visible, in case you have more than one set of databases, which could also cause problems. That file is the index for the database.
    5) Stop CMS and delete ContentDB.ind, then start CMS and launch DS. Let DS rebuild the index -- it might take a minute or two.

If you still have problems:

6) Close DS, stop CMS, and delete all the files in the databases folder. Restart CMS, launch DS, and re-import metadata to get your user data back. It can take a long time, so don't panic if it seems to be taking a long time and the progress bar isn't moving.

edited December 1969

Thanks going to try these right now. Fingers crossed. :)

edited December 1969

Alright I tried all that can search now. Is there a way to fix multiple ID's. Also I deleted the file you told me to but I am still registering old directories that no longer exist. Is there a way to strip the daz memory so it relists files and directories?

edited December 1969

j.grond said:
    Alright I tried all that can search now. Is there a way to fix multiple ID's. Also I deleted the file you told me to but I am still registering old directories that no longer exist. Is there a way to strip the daz memory so it relists files and directories?

Content DB Maintenance > Remove Orphaned Items
    and
    Content DB Maintenance > Remove Unmapped Base Paths and Orphans.